Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryback

Options
  • 07-01-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Can he win the WWE title at some point n the future?

Has he the drawing power?

Would he sell enough merchandise?

Or is he doomed to remain a mid-card face/heel forever?

I was gutted when they denied him the chance in his feud against Punk a few years back.

I'd have him defeat Rusev for the U.S. title, hold it for a few months, defending it at Summerslam then insert him in the big picture again.

Or alternatively have him destroy Lesnar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I can easily see him winning the top title at some stage, and he has the potential to be a great draw. I think Mark Henry's push to the title is the perfect example of how WWE can push people as monsters. It's also a perfect example of how quickly WWE runs out of ideas on what to do with their monsters once they have been beaten for the title.

Beating Rusev would be a good step, although I feel like that's Cena's job, and I'm hoping against hope that it's Daniel Bryan who ends Lesnar's reign at Wrestlemania.

But anyway, the way I'd predict it, Ryback gets the monster push gets the title, carries it for several months, loses, stays around main event scene a while, falls back down to mid card for several years, tagging with and feuding against various other monsters, rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sin Eater wrote: »
    I can easily see him winning the top title at some stage, and he has the potential to be a great draw. I think Mark Henry's push to the title is the perfect example of how WWE can push people as monsters. It's also a perfect example of how quickly WWE runs out of ideas on what to do with their monsters once they have been beaten for the title.

Beating Rusev would be a good step, although I feel like that's Cena's job, and I'm hoping against hope that it's Daniel Bryan who ends Lesnar's reign at Wrestlemania.

But anyway, the way I'd predict it, Ryback gets the monster push gets the title, carries it for several months, loses, stays around main event scene a while, falls back down to mid card for several years, tagging with and feuding against various other monsters, rinse and repeat.
    He has a lot of competition in the face department. Rusev has the most potential IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can he win the WWE title at some point n the future?

Yes. Unless he gets hurt he will definitely be champion.
    Has he the drawing power?

Hard to say. He's not been pushed at the top to find out.
    Would he sell enough merchandise?

Probably not. He's not been given the exposure that the likes of Cena, CM Punk or even someone like Ambrose has. They have/had tonnes of merchandise.
    Or is he doomed to remain a mid-card face/heel forever?

He'll be near the top of the card but not the No.1 guy for a few years imo.
    I was gutted when they denied him the chance in his feud against Punk a few years back.

It was too soon. Hope they don't make the same mistake with Reigns.
    I'd have him defeat Rusev for the U.S. title, hold it for a few months, defending it at Summerslam then insert him in the big picture again.

Logical. If they don't have Reigns in the title picture for Mania he'd be my pick but i'd be fine with Ryback taking him down too.
    Or alternatively have him destroy Lesnar

The only guy beating Lesnar is the guy they want as the No.1 moving forward. That won't be Ryback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Well the Goldberg chants seem to have phased out so he has that going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think I will i'm a big fan of his and also said they should have pulled the trigger the time against Punk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Seems a nice guy and also ryback rulez ! Read rumours before that during his last push he had some backstage heat due to being big headed and thinking he was a star already. Seems to have matured since his burial and seems more respectful and level headed in interviews I've listened to. The y2j interview with ryback is an excellent listen. The guy generally loves wrestling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Could you put Ryback in a 20 minute singles match without it either stinking or him hurting the other guy?

Probably not. If he fixes that then he could win the title.

Its more difficult now they only have one World Championship.

Advertisement