Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWT - Cycling - February

Options
  • 07-01-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some suggestions on locations and hopefully travel agents.
    Looking for somewhere for a week at the start of Feb suitable for a group of 10 or so, cycling only, long drags please. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Good weather and bike hire also essential!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Lanza, stay in Puerto Del Carmen would be my choice. not done much other places, but love the cycling over there. plenty of bike hire too, i;ve used Renner's in the past and always been happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

If you can bring your own bikes it can open up more places. Our club went to Sardinia last April (not sure what the weather is like in Feb tho or if there is even flights!), no where to hire bikes but some really good cycling there. Any mechanicals were sorted out with parts from a big decathlon shop so no hassle. Flying ryan air costs €100 return for the bike, not sure how this matches up against renting a bike, but might give you more choice on where you can go. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Bikes are only working out at €130 for the week, I'll probably bring my own but there are lads who won't so it's just easier, cheers though.

Meant to say anyone here interested in coming drop me a line, it'll be a mixed bag anyway so no worries on that front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Recently done Costa Del Snot , it was ok but would 2nd Lanza, great spot. Majorca also seems to get good reviews but not sure when direct flights start back. You want something cheap enough to fly to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Half board, flights, transfer and bike coming in at under €600

• Advertisement
Advertisement