Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's suits in Dublin

Options
  • 07-01-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm looking for a nice black suit for formal wear. I don't wear suits to work so I'm not well versed on shopping for them. Any suggestions for places to start? I'm probably only going to wear it a handful of times so I don't way to buy something very expensive, but equally I don't want something that makes me look like I'm going to my debs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Baumler on Dawson Street. Good quality, well wearing, suitable for both work and special occasions.

Bear in mind that whatever suit you buy, you should always get the suit tailored to fit your body. A cheap fitted suit will always look better than an expensive ill-fitting suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

Not to say there's any rules about it but I've worn black twice: funeral and black tie. It's not something I'd wear for formal and has nowhere near the versatility of a really nice navy suit. If you're set on black go for it. I picked up a beautiful black suit on sale in Louis Copeland in Dundrum that didn't break the bank and looks lovely. Got them to throw in a black silk tie too.

Tickers is right, get it altered. Little things make a big difference.

Advertisement