Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter leaking

Options
  • 07-01-2015 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭

Over the past few days and including a place that had meters installed a few months ago, I've come across water leaking from the meter box. One meter box the water was coming up on the outside of the meter housing which is set in concrete. Bit of research shows they are using compression couplings to connect the pipes to the box. The installer gets €150 to install(was told). I see a lot of warranty repair on the way. Compression couplings should never be buried under concrete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,298 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Over the past few days and including a place that had meters installed a few months ago, I've come across water leaking from the meter box. One meter box the water was coming up on the outside of the meter housing which is set in concrete.
    Tell Irish Water so they can get the installers to fix it.
    Bit of research shows they are using compression couplings to connect the pipes to the box. The installer gets €150 to install(was told). I see a lot of warranty repair on the way. Compression couplings should never be buried under concrete.
    I'm not sure if this is relevant to us. Contractors regularly engage in warranty repair-type work. that's why they don't get all their money for up to a year after the work is complete.

Advertisement