Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help an idiot please!

Options
  • 07-01-2015 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, I bought a house last year. Currently there is a satellite dish and an old terrestrial Aerial outside the house. In our sitting room there are 3 cables coming out of the wall.
    We have 2 of the cables connected to the Saorview box and the third seems to do nothing.
    (We were told that the last owners had Sky). We are using one of the Saorview Combi Boxes which picks up the Irish channels (From the terrestrial aerial I presume) and a few more free to air UK channels (From the Satellite dish).

Is it possible for me to set up some way of having TV in another room? I have a second Saorview box and a second TV, but I haven't a clue how to get the signals I need in the second room, or even if I can.

I can probably access all the cables in the attic if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The spare cable in the main room is probably from the satellite dish, the previous owners may have had Sky+ (2 cables required).

Do any of the other rooms have a TV point?

If you can find where the aerial cable enters the house it can be split and the Saorview signal distributed to other TV points either via a splitter or distribution amp.

Each satellite receiver input requires a direct feed from the satellite dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 scubadec

Thanks!
    Will the feed point from the satellite dish be easy to see? Is it something anyone can do? Or is it something I need help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

You should be able to run the cable from the dish to the TV point yourself. The cable is connected to a spare output on the LNB located at the end of the dish arm.

The LNB will have 2 or 4 outputs with 2 used to the main TV point.

Advertisement