Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car 'extras' and 'delivery charge'

Options
  • 07-01-2015 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Just looking at the Indo road test of the Astra,

Additions on the test car were daytime running lights at €354 and an IntelliLink navigation system at €1,250.......
    Delivery charges add €700 for all models. ......

You can probably buy DRL and a Nav for €200 , and as for 'delivery', is there an option , So why not include it in the price ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Book your flights, ferry fuel and time off from work, drls are cheap but look crap, a tidy looking nav in an Astra will cost 750 minimum and won't work with the rest of the cars menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I thought DRLs were mandatory on all new cars sold now? Seems very cheap if they are upgrade LED ones? Astra is being replaced by a new model later this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    I thought DRLs were mandatory on all new cars sold now? Seems very cheap if they are upgrade LED ones? Astra is being replaced by a new model later this year anyway.

€354 is far from cheap for a few LEDS though. Its not as if they're bespoke.
    Its not as if its LED headlights or HIDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    €354 is far from cheap for a few LEDS though. Its not as if they're bespoke.
    Its not as if its LED headlights or HIDs.

If's only a LED strip then yes but if the entire headlight cluster is upgraded then it would seem cheap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

its the €700 delivery charge will i find incredible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The delivery charge should be included in the standard price. There is no way to avoid it. It is like tax not being included in airline flights before. That was stopped also.
    No other product to my mind has this "delivery" price not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Ludo wrote: »
    The delivery charge should be included in the standard price. There is no way to avoid it. It is like tax not being included in airline flights before. That was stopped also.
    No other product to my mind has this "delivery" price not included.

If it was included in the list price, it would be subject to VRT.

Would you like to pay between 14% & 36% Extra, just to give it to the Government, so the pricing was clearer for you?

It's also negotiable, except for BMW for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No it wouldn't make it subject to VRT. Just putting a total figure rather than a lower (but unattainable price) on a sticker or ad does not affect the amount of tax. This would still be calculated as normal.

Meh...either way it is only a minor thing really.

It would also technically affect residual values?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

Don't buy brand new...go a year old...save 1000's.
    You'd probably be able to afford better spec too.

• Advertisement

Or get the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Ludo wrote: »
    No it wouldn't make it subject to VRT. Just putting a total figure rather than a lower (but unattainable price) on a sticker or ad does not affect the amount of tax. This would still be calculated as normal.

Meh...either way it is only a minor thing really.

No - it would affect the VRT. The advertised price you see for vehicles has to be submitted to Revenue for approval before it's published, with the relevant bits of VRT and VAT shown, therefore the total advertised price has a portion of VRT.

Advertisement