Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Extension under 40 sqm. - finding builders in Wicklow

Options
  • 06-01-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

We want to build an extension to our 3 bed semi-detached house and have acquired the detailed designs from a certified architect. Architect has confirmed that it is under 40 sqm and we don't need planning permission for the extension.
    We now need to look for the builder for the construction work. Would appreciate if anyone can suggest where and how to look for the good builders who are certified/ insured/ follow health and safety standards etc etc.
    I hope it will be ok if anyone wants to recommend the builder whom they might have used for themselves recently.
    We are based in Bray, Wicklow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We're in Bray too and looking to get work done (internally, not an extension). I'm only getting quotes from builders who have done work for People I know and whose handiwork I have seen. Do you know anyone that has had work done?

As I'm only at the getting quotes stage I won't recommend anyone to you just yet :)

Alternatively, You could put a job ad up on -snip- and then get four quotes. Any legitimate builder will not mind providing names and numbers of people they have previously done work for so you can contact them to check the standard of their work. I have provided references for a carpenter that did some work for us through-snip-before. In that instance I was very happy to recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Have a builder I have used before for work who is doing my extension and attic this year. Have recommended him to other boardsies, who found him good. Will PM if you want.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

recommendations by PM thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Thanks, would appreciate if you can pm me his details please....!
    Gmol wrote: »
    Have a builder I have used before for work who is doing my extension and attic this year. Have recommended him to other boardsies, who found him good. Will PM if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Thanks, would appreciate if you can pm me his details please....!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

Hi Gmol,

appreciate if you could also PM me their details too.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

Thread is a bit old but if you could PM me the builders details. We're looking to buy a house & want to get the attic converted & maybe an extension as well.

Advertisement