Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handling cash and food

Options
  • 06-01-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

As far as I can see it seems to be perfectly acceptable for people who work in chippers to take cash off you, give change and then turn around and start preparing food?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Bloody cheek. They should keep the free chips coming none of that payment guff

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No glove no love

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I was in a chip shop one night and asked your man "do you have chicken wings?"
    He says "I do"
    I says " great, fly over there and get me a big of chips"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

They don't really touch the food though do they well not the person that takes the money? im sure there are a lot of other worse things that go on in chippers if your going to be worrying about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    As far as I can see it seems to be perfectly acceptable for people who work in chippers to take cash off you, give change and then turn around and start preparing food?

Do you pay for your food and then go disinfect your hands before you eat it?

I mean you have to handle money to pay too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

I have seen them with my own two eyes physically touching food after handling cash. I would not consider myself to be overly fussy but that is disgusting

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I was in a chip shop one night and asked your man "do you have chicken wings?"
    He says "I do"
    I says " great, fly over there and get me a big of chips"

Whats a "chip shop"?

dirtyden wrote: »
    Do you pay for your food and then go disinfect your hands before you eat it?

I mean you have to handle money to pay too.

I always wash my hands before I eat

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do you wear tissue boxes on your feet OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

So if you went to a fast food place, paid and then you would go to the toilet and wash your hands before eating?

or if you bought an ice cream, you would wash your hands before eating it? every time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Whats a "chip shop"?

Em, a shop that sells chips, chicken, fish and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Waste of time and water. We have immune systems for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly hygienic, shower every day, wash hands after the toilet, but there's a limit. I can't worrying about every Tom, Dick, and Harry who handled my cash before me; down that path madness lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

There's a deli I use that is a one woman operation and she makes your sandwich with gloves on (obviously). You hand over money one gloves comes off and is thrown into a bin, she gives you the change and then another clean gloves comes on and the next customer is served.

Apart from her sandwiches being very nice its the main reason I use her business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I used to work in a chipper and we never touched the food with our hands, it was all tongs and other various utensils. Don't think I've ever seen a fast food worker touch my food with their hands.
    I'd be more worried about the guy who's just come back from break and you don't see them wash their hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I think of you are eating from a chipper regularly, food poisoning is the least of your health concerns.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Waste of time and water. We have immune systems for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly hygienic, shower every day, wash hands after the toilet, but there's a limit. I can't worrying about every Tom, Dick, and Harry who handled my cash before me; down that path madness lies.

Totally - Ya got to ingest a few germs to build immunity - old expression "you've got to eat a bucket of dirt before you die" springs to mind.

Could just be coincidence but I rarely get sick and even when I do it's just a cold and if I drink hot vinegar, lemon, honey and cinnamon it usually nips it in the bud and I'm grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Never ceases to amaze how obsessive people will get about hygiene.

Pwindedd wrote: »
    Totally - Ya got to ingest a few germs to build immunity - old expression "you've got to eat a bucket of dirt before you die" springs to mind.

Could just be coincidence but I rarely get sick and even when I do it's just a cold and if I drink hot vinegar, lemon, honey and cinnamon it usually nips it in the bud and I'm grand.
    kneemos wrote: »

I have to laugh when new parents insist on sanitizing everything and then wonder why their child is always sick :rolleyes:

kneemos wrote: »

Do you realize how dirty money is?

It's ok - the cocaine residues help kill the bugs.....

• Advertisement

How many people do you know who have died or gotten sick as a result of dirty money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Depends how much you launder it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Do you realize the more germs in your gut the healthier your immune system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Jawgap wrote: »
    I think of you are eating from a chipper regularly, food poisoning is the least of your health concerns.....

Define regular?

We eat from a chipper every Christmas eve without fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My sister used to work in a deli and a girl came in one day, asked for a salad sandwich. Little sis started to make the sambo and the girl said "can I have a new chopping board from the shelf?, can you get another knife from the drawer?, can you get new butter from the fridge? No don't use the top sheet to wrap sandwich, bin that and use the next one? etc etc ...
    Little sis did as asked but inquired as to whether she had allergies or what and she said "no I'm a vegetarian."
    This a bit much???

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Define regular?

We eat from a chipper every Christmas eve without fail

I do more often than that - considering the food is plunged into boiling oil, I'm not really that worried about bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

heldel00 wrote: »
    My sister used to work in a deli and a girl came in one day, asked for a salad sandwich. Little sis started to make the sambo and the girl said "can I have a new chopping board from the shelf?, can you get another knife from the drawer?, can you get new butter from the fridge? No don't use the top sheet to wrap sandwich, bin that and use the next one? etc etc ...
    Little sis did as asked but inquired as to whether she had allergies or what and she said "no I'm a vegetarian."
    This a bit much???

In the words of Monty Python, she should've sliced 'er in two with breadknife.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I used to work in a chipper and we never touched the food with our hands, it was all tongs and other various utensils.
    I think it would be quite an impressive feat to assemble a hamburger with just a tongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jesus I'd love some chips now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Have you ever eaten a 99 ice cream?

Advertisement