Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy rights question

Options
  • 06-01-2015 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello,

So, I was on a contract that finished up on 31st dec. I was put on a 3 day week due to no work available on dec 1 with a form which allowed me to claim redundancy. I continued on the 3 day week but now there is no more work available. My question is this - Am I still entitled to redundancy even though my contract expired on 31 dec??

Cheers,
    A

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hello,

So, I was on a contract that finished up on 31st dec. I was put on a 3 day week due to no work available on dec 1 with a form which allowed me to claim redundancy. I continued on the 3 day week but now there is no more work available. My question is this - Am I still entitled to redundancy even though my contract expired on 31 dec??

Cheers,
    A

How long were you working there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

I was there 2 1/2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 25,731 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's solicitor time.

How can an employer possibly have given you a redundancy claim form if you were due to finish up anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's solicitor time.

How can an employer possibly have given you a redundancy claim form if you were due to finish up anyway.

It sounds more like a fixed term contract that was coming to an end so no redundancy. Why solicitor claim time?

Op what was the name/number of the form you were given?

I was given RP9 at the start of dec, 31 days before my contract ended. Last day off work before xmas I was told that there would be no more work.

• Advertisement

I was given RP9 at the start of dec, 31 days before my contract ended. Last day off work before xmas I was told that there would be no more work.

Did they complete section A of the form?

And was your contract due to end at the end of Dec. anyway?

Stheno wrote: »
    Did they complete section A of the form?

And was your contract due to end at the end of Dec. anyway?

Yes they completed the first part and yes contract was due to end. Options?

Advertisement