Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic device not working - manufacturer offering no warranty?

Options
  • 06-01-2015 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

I got a mobile charger as a present for Christmas - it's for this reason I can't bring it back to the retailer (I don't know what retailer it was and don't have a receipt obviously). The giver has returned to Australia.

So I mailed the manufacturer explaining that the device has developed a fault after only a few days, and has not been mistreated in any way.

I got this reply:
    Thank you for your enquiry and our apologies that your Smartstick Plus has developed a fault.

The contract of purchase and the warranty is with the reseller that the unit was purchased from, therefore we recommend that you contact the gift giver so that they can return it for an exchange for you.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Technical Advisor

I know that they have a point but the device is completely faulty and literally stopped working after a few days of use.

Am I screwed?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They are right, but it is worth getting back to them about it and asking would they look after it as a goodwill gesture. Perhaps the company has various worldwide markets, and it needs to be dealt with in the correct one or something. But its a small thing for them, so hopefully they will help you out.

If not you do have to contact the giver.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it's the Veho device, it could be worth dropping an email to an Irish distributor, explaining the situation to them and asking if they can deal with it.

http://www.veho-world.com/main/wheretobuy.aspx?location=IE&business=distribution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Just ask the giver where they got it from. They might be able to email you a copy of the receipt and get this sorted without much more trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

The device you are trying to return looks very similar to another type of product :pac:

81q4l9%2BIbcL._SX355_.jpg

Advertisement