Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Contract Not Renewed - Elligible?

Options
  • 06-01-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I know very little about the social welfare system but have read the FAQs.

I have been employed fulltime for the last three years on a good enough wage.

I have taken a job on a 6 month contract. If this is not renewed, will I be able to claim?

Living at home with both parents (both self-employed).

I am also starting a health and fitness course which finishes up around the same time as my contract.

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you have been working full time for 3 years then it sounds like you would have enough contribution for jobseekers benefit. This is not means tested and unless your are under 25 and can only apply for jobseekers allowance then your parents earnings will play no part in your claim. If the course isnt finished when you sign on you will have to provide details of this course e.g. is it part time, the days you attend etc in order to ascertain that it will not affect your jobseeking efforts and availability.

Advertisement