Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self employment! overwhelmed

Options
  • 06-01-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    I hope im writing in the correct thread. I recently completed a two year course in makeup artistry and i am now a fully qualified makeup artist and would like to start earning as self employed. At present I am recieving one parent family payment from DSFA. Can anyone advise me on first steps towards starting up a small business from insurance to tax and everything in-between. I have been researching this topic over the past few weeks and cant seem to figure out what to do first.
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,349 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider a start your own business course. The DSP Employment Services may pay for it is you have been unemployed for more than 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lots of good info here:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/types_of_employment/self_employment/setting_up_a_business_in_ireland.html

Its worth going to your Local Enterprise Office to see about signing up to a start your own business course that will cover a lot of the basics you will need to know.

nikkico1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I hope im writing in the correct thread. I recently completed a two year course in makeup artistry and i am now a fully qualified makeup artist and would like to start earning as self employed. At present I am recieving one parent family payment from DSFA. Can anyone advise me on first steps towards starting up a small business from insurance to tax and everything in-between. I have been researching this topic over the past few weeks and cant seem to figure out what to do first.
    Thank you in advance.

Get yourself a few private clients first, friends, family, recommendations. When you've made a couple of grand, take the step of turning it into a business. In the meantime Victor and Jimmi's suggestions are good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nikkico1

Thank you for the advice. I will contact my local enterprise office asap.

Advertisement