Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin musicians for band of some kind?

Options
  • 05-01-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

lets start a band. no covers, just originals. we'll record everything we can come up with. we'll turn every tiny idea into a song and then just weed out the bad stuff (but at the same time i don't really want to start a jam band or something) i'm nineteen and play bass, a little guitar, keyboard (but don't actually know how), and i use a sampler and mess around with tape loops sometimes. but i mainly play bass. i'm looking for people with diverse influences with the hope of eventually playing punk or post punk or noise or post hardcore or new wave or indie or post rock or shoegaze or expirimental neo-psychedelia, or lo-fi or freaky fuzzy folky whatever. my influences would be fugazi, steve albinis projects, devo, oingo boingo, ween, flaming lips, neutral milk hotel, bjork, rush, codeine, slint, minutemen, ween, kraftwerk, the magnetic fields. i'm looking for a guitarist and drummer and maybe keys. we'll alll write the songs ideally.

ALTERNATIVELY: if anyone wants to start a slowcore/sadcore band (codeine, low, redhouse painters) i'd be up for playing bass or rythm guitar. OR if you've got a band thats sounds similar to what i was describing hmu :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hellishtimber

uhhh, can't believe i forgot to include yo la tengo as an influence!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

you should listen to some beefheart
    wouldn't go astray on ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hellishtimber

you should listen to some beefheart
    wouldn't go astray on ya

i remember listening to trout mask replica at like 14 and being scared off. i could probably give them another shot though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

i remember listening to trout mask replica at like 14 and being scared off. i could probably give them another shot though

Try his first album...."Safe as Milk"...great album !!! :cool:

start off with......safe as milk
    and maybe then .......unconditionally guaranteed

• Advertisement

good man rigsby
    got there before me

+1 on that

Advertisement