Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 05-01-2015 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey guys,

Firstly happy New too all!!! Secondly, I'm about to apply for rent allowance and just wondering how much I can't get. I'm single living on my own and my rent is 450 a month. I've just registered with housing also. Any advice is appreciated!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Peter117 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Firstly happy New too all!!! Secondly, I'm about to apply for rent allowance and just wondering how much I can't get. I'm single living on my own and my rent is 450 a month. I've just registered with housing also. Any advice is appreciated!!

Thanks.
    What part of the country are you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peter117

Gatling wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in

I'm living in Limerick city.

Peter117 wrote: »
    I'm living in Limerick city.

The maximum your entitled to is 200 pm with a minimum weekly contribution of €30 from your self so you get €70 rent supplement .

see here for more details

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Gatling wrote: »
    The maximum your entitled to is 200 pm with a minimum weekly contribution of €30 from your self so you get €70 rent supplement

That's in shared accommodation. Living on your own, the max is €375 in Limerick, which means your rent will need to be reduced to that amount before you can even apply (you can't be paying more that the maximum limit)

That's in shared accommodation. Living on your own, the max is €375 in Limerick, which means your rent will need to be reduced to that amount before you can even apply (you can't be paying more that the maximum limit)

Crap can't believe I missed that

Sorry op completely miss quoted the figures .

The maximum you can get is €375 minus your weekly contribution of €30 pw leaves you with rent supplement of €255 pm .

• Advertisement
Advertisement