Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meydan

Options
  • 05-01-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Just wondering what peoples opinion of Meydan and the racing / value there ? Same as all racing i suppose but with the dirt surface..

I've never had more than a passing interest other than backing the odd mike do kock horse there over the years, but it may be a handy one for me to follow here in time wise and racing is racing theres winners to be found im sure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I have always enjoyed the carnival racing, I personally pay no attention to midweek nh racing so its nice to have some competitive flat racing if you fancy a midweek punt. Also looking forward to seeing the new dirt surface and how it effects the irish and gb horses heading east.

On the flipside, you cant appreciate on the coverage how dead it is on track there. Completely lifeless atmosphere could probably compare it to a wet Tuesday at a greyhound track, a ridiculously lavish greyhound track.

Unlikely as it sounds, I recieved a bit of "good news" from the desert over Christmas about a horse named Forjatt, who should be running on one of the opening nights.

Bare in mind this came from somebody who has no interest in horses but asked a work colleague of his who has some sort of interest in a few camels.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

1st day of the Dubai Carnival and plenty of horses will need the run etc so small stakes, 2 selections from me, thought may aswell re-use the thread over the next few weeks see if we can find a few winners out in the desert!

3.55 Caspian Prince .5pt e/w 10/1 Bet365

Plenty in with chances here, but ill take Caspian Prince, front runner who has plenty of speed, beaten a short head by Sir Maximillion who done me a few favors last year but gets 3lb here, and was giving the winner 5 that day. Hopefully the selection doesnt get into a battle for the lead with Htoto. Caspian Prince ran 20 days ago at Wolvs so hopefully he's ready to rock and roll tomorrow and doesnt get chinned by a finsher

5.05 Mushreq 1pt win 11/4 Bet365

Meandre, better over further, and doesn't win first time up, he may run on into a place but i don't see him winnin. True Story i don't trust, if he could re-produce the run with Al Kazeem i'm sure he'd win but couldn't hand over money for this fella. Id imagine be ready will be in need of the run, and the biggest threat to my selection will probably be his stablemate Sanshwaas. Mushreq is a C+D winner however and has won after a long lay off (in this race) previously

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kalinisi wrote: »

5.05 Mushreq 1pt win 11/4 Bet365

Meandre, better over further, and doesn't win first time up, he may run on into a place but i don't see him winnin. True Story i don't trust, if he could re-produce the run with Al Kazeem i'm sure he'd win but couldn't hand over money for this fella. Id imagine be ready will be in need of the run, and the biggest threat to my selection will probably be his stablemate Sanshwaas. Mushreq is a C+D winner however and has won after a long lay off (in this race) previously

came here to post about true story, very keen to oppose that one
    mushreq the obvious alternative having won this race last year also
    just taken 3s on that

mailburner wrote: »
    came here to post about true story, very keen to oppose that one
    mushreq the obvious alternative having won this race last year also
    just taken 3s on that

JAYSUS, beaten by true story ... RAGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kalinisi wrote: »
    JAYSUS, beaten by true story ... RAGE!

thought I was seeing things :pac:

grateful I had no funds in my betfair account for that winner

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Great card tomorrow again, lots of Irish interest.

Great card tomorrow again, lots of Irish interest.

Busy studying it myself here in work.... hard at it :)

Really looking forward to seeing Volatile, think he could take a big prize during the carnival. Irish connection there too.

Fancy Comedy Queen to take the godolphin dominated first race.

3.20 Le Barnadin, stayed on well on his last run, better drawn this time, hopefully he can stay a little closer to the pace this time, I dont know anything about the trainer, 7/1 with lads 1pt e/w

5.05 EL ESTRUENDOSO, 2nd over c&d a couple of times, should go close, represents Mike De Kock and can put a line through last weeks run on dirt 6/1 1.5pts e/w

5.40 Muaanid, was impressed with his C&D win last time, albeit he's stepping up in grade, showed lots of speed ,Muarrab is a very solid fav, but at 14/1 with pp ill have a little go .5pts e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Almargo in the 5:40 solely for the reason he made me buckets last season in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Almargo was with Johnston yeah? Usually I'm a Johnston fan but wasn't last season as I found it difficult to catch them on the right day. Almargo in particular was one horse who typified that.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Almargo was with Johnston yeah? Usually I'm a Johnston fan but wasn't last season as I found it difficult to catch them on the right day. Almargo in particular was one horse who typified that.

Yeah, you'd never know what you'd get with him. One day he'd romp the field @ 16/1, the next he'd finish last. My first time seeing him run under the new trainer/owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Russian Soul has a 1st and a 2nd over the 6 on Meydan tapeta in some very good races. Today it's over dirt, and this race isn't particularly strong. Worth a small ew punt at 12/1.

Ok day in the end Muanid just run out of 3rd place, will keep him onside, la bernadin a nice 7/1 winner, EL ESTRUENDOSO didnt seem to be able to stay up with the pace and jockey wasnt hard on him , wouldnt totally give up on him

1.55 Mizbah 1pt e/w
    11.35 State Law 1pt e/w

Advertisement