Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking a day trip

Options
  • 05-01-2015 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

I'm thinking of booking a day trip with ryanair to an airport to do some spotting, since the prices are so attractive its hard to resist! Any thoughts on where to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Can't beat Manchester, there a couple of times before and planning to go again sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

And would you have to travel far from the airport to spot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Walk 5-10 minutes depending on what part, or about 8 pounds in a taxi to the Airport Visitors Park. I believe there are buses that go to/from the park also.

€20 return with Ryanair, great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Brussels (National) is an easy day trip, with reasonable variety including cargo and military ops.

Yah all the prices are so cheap , shannon would be great but it's not suitable for a day trip , I'd have to travel to dublin !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 bernsy

I agree Manchester is a great spot. You will get at least 1 747/787/A380/concorde plus all the rest. The viewing park has everything you need and is around£1.50 by bus. Flights will cost about €20 return.

Booked Manchester thanks for the help lads and gals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Any other ideas from either Ork or snn for a good day trip or a overnight break. Would love to one of the european cities that are near the airport and experience the city

• Registered Users Posts: 25,018 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

adam88 wrote: »
    Any other ideas from either Ork or snn for a good day trip or a overnight break. Would love to one of the european cities that are near the airport and experience the city

If you would like a European city break for a night I'd recommend The Air and Space Museum at Le Bourget airport in Paris. It's about 30 mins South of CDG by train. You get to see a wide variety of aircraft, get up close and personal as well as get to board 2 actual Concorde aircraft as well as a 747-200 and a DC3. There is a huge variety of stuff there and a lot of historical exhibits and lots of rare aircraft. It's very much worth a visit. The outside exhibits will give you a ramble around a reasonable portion of the ramp (sectioned off but decent for a bit of biz jet and BBJ spotting) and hangers (which contain exhibits) and all done at your own pace. You can go back to CDG down to Orly as is your want for a bit of spotting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you don't mind waiting til April morning and evening flights from SNN to MAN on some days from then

LHR is good too but flights expensive to there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 bernsy

Booked Manchester thanks for the help lads and gals!

When you going over,I'm heading over next weekend on the 17th for the day.

Advertisement