Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice please

Options
  • 05-01-2015 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all, my first time posting in this forum I'll try not to make it too lengthy! Basically my work situation for the past year has been pretty stressful. I should be one of 3 managers but due to the other 2 managers leaving the business last year I am now the only permanent member of management. During the year there have been 3 other relief managers through the building but at the moment there is just myself and another manager who is my boss.
    This guy is one of the rudest most arrogant people I have ever had to deal with, he's not in the company that long himself but he seems to be respected by his own bosses. He speaks to me like I'm stupid ( actually talks slowly to me!) snaps at me over the smallest of things, I find him impossible to deal with. I have already had it out with him once as he shouted at me and I shouted back which turned into a row. I told him that he could not expect to keep snapping at me and not have me snap back eventually. This all blew over with only a few minor occurances until today.
    He had done our own rota while I was on a day off and told me to take a look at it today which I did. I noticed that over 4 weeks he had given me nearly all lock up shifts and himself all earlies so feeling slightly annoyed I swapped 2 shifts with him. During the morning ( he was off today) he rang on another matter and I mentioned that I had swapped 2 of our shifts. This was not said to him in a confrontational manner but he blew up at me saying that he would be switching them back and that he has childcare issues. He is not from here and has to drive from another city. I said very little on the phone as I was not expecting that reaction. I've been so angry and upset all day over the way he spoke to me again that I feel I'm going to have to say something to him about it tomorrow. I feel ill because I know he will go on the attack and I feel like I'm coming towards the end of my tether.
    My question is has anyone else dealt with such a character in authority and what is the best way to approach him as I am going to have to work with him for at least another 3 months. I know he has children but I have a life! I have already told him that I have an issue with his manner towards me but he basically says that that's the way he is and I need to deal with it, advice please!

Advertisement