Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After you declare as homeless

Options
  • 05-01-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

Has anyone recently declared homeless in Dublin or does anyone know what happens directly after you do? I have spoken to citizens information, D.C.C. and social welfare and no one knows (or is allowed say) what happens after you declare homeless.

Our current LL is selling the property we rent and there is no other rentals which accept a family of 4 or rent supplement. We are slowly drifting towards homelessness and would like to know what is ahead of us.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Try a different area.

Sometimes hard decision have to be made and sometimes moving may be an answer.

If there is no housing you may be housed in a hostel or b&b or hotel.

Your local welfare officer will help with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

OP- You should speak to the CWO as a matter of urgency. I've heard of cases where the CWO will allow RA above the limit in Dublin. It's worth a shot...

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

OP- You should speak to the CWO as a matter of urgency. I've heard of cases where the CWO will allow RA above the limit in Dublin. It's worth a shot...

Good luck!

Only short term at most .

From my experience from been homeless twice you need to find the relevant help your local homeless unit and find your local focus ireland ,
    You literally won't be helped till you actually present as homeless .
    I would ask your local authority / county council for assistance they may be able to help to a degree .
    St Vincents might be able to help aswell .

when the time comes work as a team and keep the spirits up you won't be walking the streets .

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Try renting in the midlands or west y ou should get a house easy.

Advertisement