Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Box needed

Options
  • 05-01-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello

Hopefully this is the right forum for this - if not please move / delete.

I've been looking for months for a decent sized key box for hanging all the various house / shed keys that I have. I had a grand small box but we've outgrown it. I don't fancy much the metal modern jobs and would love to get a properly made key cabinet. So having failed to source something of a suitable size, I've figured I'll have to get one made. I'd love to be able to do it myself but my woodworking skills never quite managed a dovetail joint in early 1980s woodworking class!

Can anyone help or advise who / where I'd go to in order to get such a cabinet made up ?

Thanks
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Hello

Hopefully this is the right forum for this - if not please move / delete.

I've been looking for months for a decent sized key box for hanging all the various house / shed keys that I have. I had a grand small box but we've outgrown it. I don't fancy much the metal modern jobs and would love to get a properly made key cabinet. So having failed to source something of a suitable size, I've figured I'll have to get one made. I'd love to be able to do it myself but my woodworking skills never quite managed a dovetail joint in early 1980s woodworking class!

Can anyone help or advise who / where I'd go to in order to get such a cabinet made up ?

Thanks
    B

If you sketch up something I could put something together for you. Should have some nice small pieces that would be a good size for keys and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

woodturner wrote: »
    If you sketch up something I could put something together for you. Should have some nice small pieces that would be a good size for keys and that.

Many thanks for your kind offer. I thought I might get a recommendation from my post as opposed to someone offering to do it for me! Happy to agree a fair bargain.

I've no real design requirements other than something substantial enough to have maybe 4 rows of 5 hooks - so twenty keys in all I suppose.

I haven't a sufficiently high post count to properly embed a link but I found a nice looking box on charlesyorke.com / wp-content / uploads / kitchens-finishing-touches / key-cabinets.jpg

B

Advertisement