Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best seat on a Ryanair 737-800

Options
  • 05-01-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭

And why? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Left hand seat up front obviously :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Went to Germany on holiday a in November and got put at the emergency doors both times.

One of the flight attendants didn't believe my age and I actually had to show her my passport!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Left hand seat up front obviously :pac:

I asked for reasons :mad: :pac:

They say you have to be willing and able in an emergency for those seats.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

fr336 wrote: »
    And why? :D

Have you booked the beers flight and are you choosing your seat?!

Possibly the seats near the over wing exits, or the front row, I think there's a bit more leg room. Otherwise I think they're all fairly much the same

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Have another think about it :)

• Advertisement

Think he meant the captain's seat :D

Have you booked the beers flight and are you choosing your seat?!

Possibly the seats near the over wing exits, or the front row, I think there's a bit more leg room. Otherwise I think they're all fairly much the same

Yep in the process of booking - I wanted to get over to Dub and Howth for the day anyway this month so it's all good. Without choosing the seat, the fare is less than £20 return!! God bless Ryanair

Alaba320 wrote: »
    Have another think about it :)

Ahh, I knew you were being funny but I thought you meant the seat where you may have the occasion glance of the cockpit not actually be in it :P

Yep in the process of booking - I wanted to get over to Dub and Howth for the day anyway this month so it's all good. Without choosing the seat, the fare is less than £20 return!! God bless Ryanair

Now I really want to make the beers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Think he meant the captain's seat :D

I did indeed :D But in all serious have a look here http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ryanair/Ryanair_Boeing_737-800.php

Mostly all the same except for the exit seats. Avoid 11A-C though because there's no window.

• Advertisement

Now I really want to make the beers...

Well if Mech1 turns up I'll be getting him a pint for his sterling liveatc work but I'd have to rush off fairly sharpish I have a flight to catch :P

I did indeed :D But in all serious have a look here http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ryanair/Ryanair_Boeing_737-800.php

Mostly all the same except for the exit seats. Avoid 11A though because there's no window.

Thanks - was just looking at that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Less than £20 return!! Bloody hell thats a bargain. What route may I ask is that on?

Less than £20 return!! Bloody hell thats a bargain. What route may I ask is that on?

LTN-DUB return same day 29th January

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

for me its 1A lots of leg room first to get the coffee or beer and first off, also the cabin crew help me forget about my fear of flying ( getting much better now )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I reserve 6A on Ryanair, 3A on Aer Lingus mainline and 9A on Stobart. All the time ;)

I reserve 6A on Ryanair, 3A on Aer Lingus mainline and 9A on Stobart. All the time ;)

Is 639 your lucky number?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

1A every time I flew with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

weisses wrote: »
    1A every time I flew with them

there is one draw back to seat 1A... if its raining and the wind is blowing the wrong way be prepared to get wet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

pm. wrote: »
    there is one draw back to seat 1A... if its raining and the wind is blowing the wrong way be prepared to get wet :D

That scenario actually took place ... although it was snow and pretty windy (Hahn)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

weisses wrote: »
    That scenario actually took place ... although it was snow and pretty windy (Hahn)...

THIS is why I avoid the first 2 row with FR. Generally I try and sweet talk myself into an emergency exit over the wings for that extra bit of legroom. It usually works the charming bastard I am unless I've spent a deal of time in the bar before, when I might be considered unable to assist in case of emergency :eek:

Always 4A or 6A with EI. It's a tradition. For some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭cjk photos

the best seat is the one you get up from when you land safely

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Emergency exits for the extra legroom.

Seat F if travelling from Ireland
    Seat A if travelling to Ireland

This ensures I'm always looking south out of the window :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Row 2, seats DEF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Row 2, seats DEF.
    I use to be of same opinion up until recently. But I have noticed that on my last 3 flights with Ryanair that the legroom appears to have reduced somewhat and I don't have long legs by anymeans.

Advertisement