Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad news from Austria!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

You'd have to think conditions are prime for slides at the moment. Big falls on a lot of icy stuff over the last few days.

Poor guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Tragic. Thoughts to the families and team.

Be careful out there people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

This is tough for me because I have skied against these guys and seen them around plenty of times, IF reports are true, they were off piste without safety gear, which is a big No No in my eyes, Austrian News is reporting this! I will wait to get the full facts and try and dig out all info but, really silly and shows how careful you have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

The reality now in the alps is the changeable weather is having an effect on the snow pack and the rain over the past few days has created a nightmare scenario.

Sitting on my balcony I can see 4 different avalanches on the slopes leading down the village. (Area is permanently closed and at a 30-45 Degree slope). Most of these are due to the recent rain fall below 1,800M

Up top you can see signs of wind effect, and multiple types of slides due to rain, wind, loading and triggered by skiers. If you are out in the Alps be careful, do not assume anywhere is safe right now.

Advertisement