Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smyths vouchers

Options
  • 05-01-2015 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone im not sure if ive the right place but my kids got smyths vouchers for christmas and theres none near me only ken blacks in carlow, does anyone know if I can use them there im pretty sure thier the same company? would anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're not the same company but they do co-operate on a lot of things (catalogue, buying etc). I'd suggest phoning them to be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sorry not sure but are you in Wicklow. There is a store in Bray per their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

thanks all ye im in wicklow but dont drive rarely up that way mostly in carlow but thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Nope - two totally different companies with two totally different till systems.

Ken Black is best mates with one of the Smyth brothers and they did joint purchasing many years back when both had a couple of shops each. I believe it's a gentleman's agreement and even though Smyths now have about 140 stores in UK and Ireland, they still honour it.

it does mean a smallish operation like ken black can offer the same value as the colossus (but still very decent people) Smyths have become.

Have you tried online?

thanks i found out they dont accept the vouchers ;( thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

You can always shop online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

As far as I know you cannot use the vouchers online. Maybe try ring the store and ask them if you could order over the phone using the vouchers. Nothing to lose by asking.

thanks to you both

Advertisement