Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre going to cover more areas in 2015 & not just Waterfordcity

Options
  • 05-01-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Have a look at the map below.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

I my self live outside waterford city and can only get 3meg line at the moment which is creap but better than noting.
    My area is butlerstown and its to go live sometime this summer. If this does happen i will be very happy. I would be even happy if they get me eFibre sometime this year.

Some new areas are
    Butlerstown
    Annestown
    Portlaw
    Kilmeaden
    Kilmacthomas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Yeah. Looks good - pretty much the entire county is covered. Let's hope it's delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

But not Stradbally. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Should add its going out east also with the likes of Dunmore & Passage getting eFibre.
    I just hope it happens. I noted over December i noticed a good few Eircom vans parked around my location. With sometimes 3 vans at the same location "which is a first". I just hope they are working on the upgrade. Next time i see them i might just ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭JMcL

It's one thing being a big green patch on an Eircom networks map and another entirely being able to avail of it. I'm in the middle of Tramore and despite a cab going live just down the road (circa 300m) a few months ago I'm apparently "not in an eFibre area", nor are any of the neighbouring businesses in my street. In fact addresses literally across the road from said cabinet are also "not in an eFibre area". Just don't get your hopes up too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I am in the only area not able to get it on this map, despite there being 48 pairs of fibre laid 12 months ago , belonging and labelled Eircom property, who when asked about them deny there existence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

JMcL wrote: »
    It's one thing being a big green patch on an Eircom networks map and another entirely being able to avail of it. I'm in the middle of Tramore and despite a cab going live just down the road (circa 300m) a few months ago I'm apparently "not in an eFibre area", nor are any of the neighbouring businesses in my street. In fact addresses literally across the road from said cabinet are also "not in an eFibre area". Just don't get your hopes up too much

Indeed. That map shows my area currently covered too so I put in next doors phone number (I don't have a landline) to see what it says and my road isn't covered either.

Advertisement