Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Great Heath 10k Run 2015

• 05-01-2015 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys,

The Great Heath 10k returns on Sunday, 18th of January. The race takes place overlooking the beautiful rural surroundings of The Heath in County Laois. All runners are chip-timed, with the results text to them after the race. The races starts at 11am sharp.

New race route!! A reverse of previous route.

The prizes on offer are as follows: 1st 150e 2nd 100e 3rd 50e (both Men and women)

More details search for great heath 10k website and get all details there, as well as a link to register.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Are headphones/earphones permitted for this 10k?

This will be my first 10k and have only ever trained with music. I've heard recently though that some races don't permit headphones.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanryano

Yes the course is fully marshalled so headphones/earphones are certainly permitted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

seanryano wrote: »
    Yes the course is fully marshalled so headphones/earphones are certainly permitted ;)

Huho. I might have some hope of eventually falling over the line so. ;)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Did this today...delighted with a PB. Excellent event, well organised and marshalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Ran this race this morning too.....great race, well organized and a good test too!! Have done this the last 3 years. Nice opener for the year ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Ran this today. Well done to all the organisers on what was a top quality eventWho knew the heath was so hilly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

That hill between 8 and 9km up to the gates was a killer alright but beyond that was relatively okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Hi folks.
    Has anyone got a route plan / map for this run? Strava, MapMyRun Garmin etc. It will be my first 10k in 10 years and It would be nice to know what’s in store for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

whatnext wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Has anyone got a route plan / map for this run? Strava, MapMyRun Garmin etc. It will be my first 10k in 10 years and It would be nice to know what’s in store for me.

There's a link here to email the organisers if you don't get any replies:
    https://www.popupraces.ie/race/the-great-heath-run-2020/

Advertisement