Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter holiday websites

Options
  • 05-01-2015 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

In your opinion what are the best websites for planning a skiing/snowboarding holiday?

What do they lack and how can they be improved?

I find that when im looking to book a ski holiday im overwelhemed by the amount of ski resorts there are and most winter holiday websites are just an overload of irrelavant information that just hinder the process of choosing a resort.

Im thinking if they narrowed the search criteria down to the most important things people are looking for it would be much easier to find a resort or for an experienced enthusiast, a new resort they have not tried before,

For me:

A Price Rating, maybe calculated on the average combined price of a beer, pizza and accommodation per night.

A snow reliability rating. An average of historical snow depths for the time of year you planned to go on your holiday.

Family friendly facilities.

Number of [green, blue(beginner), red, black(intermediate/ advanced)] slopes.

Transfer times from airport.

Total travel time from departure to destination.

Nightlife rating, quiet to raging.

And one last question, if you could DIY the whole thing and save some money, would you? Or if a company could organize the whole thing for you for some added bucks, with no gaurantee where you would be staying or what equipment you got., what would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

The resort review page on snow-forecast.com does pretty much all the ratings you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

welove2ski.com gives good pros and cons of a lot of resorts and used to suggest good resorts depending on what you were looking for (long weekend, kids etc) but not sure if that is still available. decent place to start i reckon.

Advertisement