Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to sell lift pass - Andorra

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

i'm going skiing to pas de la casa, Andorra on the 11th January. Unfortunately about 6 days ago i did my cruciate ligament and can no longer ski :(

I booked a package deal with topflight.ie and have a ski package including lessons, ski gear and lift pass to the value of €300 that I can no longer use!

Does anyone know if I can sell these when I get over there or am I stuck with them? Was hoping I could offload the lift pass at least for cheap and get back some of my money.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

Travel insurance if you can't sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

DoraDelite wrote: »
    Travel insurance if you can't sell them?

I hadn't got around to getting travel insurance yet, was going to get it before I left incase I injured myself over there:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It doesn't help you a whole bunch, but this is why I recommend not booking passes, classes, etc . . . until you get to the resort.

You may be able to sort something out locally with the rep in terms of the pass and the classes but that will depend on them being able to resell to someone. And it will also depend on them being in the mood to help you out. Chances are there will be someone on the bus to the resort who wants to book classes and who hasn't got around to it yet. All the rep needs to do is send them along in your place - the ski school will be paid by the tour company anyway and doesn't care whether Hans or Henry turns up for the lessons.

The one thing to watch out for is that the rep likely gets commission on new sales, so if they swap your package and give it to someone else they will lose out on the commission they would have received if they just sold a new package. In other words be prepared to discount your €300 a little.

z

zagmund wrote: »
    It doesn't help you a whole bunch, but this is why I recommend not booking passes, classes, etc . . . until you get to the resort.

You may be able to sort something out locally with the rep in terms of the pass and the classes but that will depend on them being able to resell to someone. And it will also depend on them being in the mood to help you out. Chances are there will be someone on the bus to the resort who wants to book classes and who hasn't got around to it yet. All the rep needs to do is send them along in your place - the ski school will be paid by the tour company anyway and doesn't care whether Hans or Henry turns up for the lessons.

The one thing to watch out for is that the rep likely gets commission on new sales, so if they swap your package and give it to someone else they will lose out on the commission they would have received if they just sold a new package. In other words be prepared to discount your €300 a little.

z

Thanks for the info, oh yeah i'd be happy to get anything of the 300 back at this stage, not looking to get it's full value!

The bit in bold is something that I was worried about, having everything booked in my name

Maybe If i offered the package to a rep for a cheap price they would be interested in moving it on for a profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

Cancel the package with top flight and get them to refund you. That's the easiest solution.

• Advertisement

karl83 wrote: »
    Cancel the package with top flight and get them to refund you. That's the easiest solution.

Since its just over a week away I would only get 30 back for the ski package so it's not worth it I think.

Tried reasoning with them but no luck.

I received the ski pass, ski gear and ski lessons as three seperate vouchers today so hopefully I might be able to sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

That's bull**** they can easily cancel that. They wouldn't be settling their accounts with lift pass company etc till month end. I've worked in the trade so I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

The relevant bit is that while they *can*, they *won't*. There's nothing in it for the person on the phone. The company have already been paid. Well, there is customer good will and all that, but I'm not convinced that tour operators are great at the whole good will sort of thing. Individual reps . . . probably more of a chance there.

I reckon a quick review of the terms & conditions will reveal something along the lines of "once something is paid for there is no chance of a refund". Whether that is right or wrong or good for the customer is another story.

z

It is in the terms and conditions so they are covered.They say they've already paid for it. Tried all avenues here and selling seems to be the only option!

I understand that they don't have to refund me but the attitude with which I was dealt was very infuriating, they made a tough situation much worse. Some nice staff there but some very rude unhelpful staff also

Moral of the story is buy travel insurance as soon as possible

Advertisement