Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel consumption for Fiat Punto-high?

Options
  • 04-01-2015 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi..I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on this please.
    I am driving a 1.1 litre (I think?) Fiat Punto Grande, 2008 reg and it's generally driving around the city and I get around 12.5 km per litre of petrol...which is around 35 miles per gallon. I think my car should be much more fuel efficient? But I'm not sure. Would anyone know whether this fuel consumption is high for my car? Thanks v much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's not bad at all for driving around the city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Its actually quite low if you're mainly driving around the city.

You should be chuffed, Galway Girl!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Seems grand to me! When was it last serviced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks to everyone who responded. I had it serviced recently enough. Maybe it's because I only ever throw €20 of petrol in at a time and I feel like I am constantly going to the petrol station! I just presumed it was eating petrol on me! Thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks to everyone who responded. I had it serviced recently enough. Maybe it's because I only ever throw €20 of petrol in at a time and I feel like I am constantly going to the petrol station! I just presumed it was eating petrol on me! Thanks again..

€20 will only get you a third of the tank or so full, when half this is gone you will be approaching the warning light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I had a 1.2 punto that only achieved 35 mpg on a long run. Town driving only got 28-30 mpg.

Advertisement