Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rims & tyres from the UK reasonable courier?

Options
  • 04-01-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've picked up a set of rims and winter tyres at a good price in the UK.

I'm driving over end of Jan but if I could get them over for around 40 euro or so, I'd do that instead as they be bulky.

They are in the London area

Anyone use a delivery service that might come in at that sort of money?

Cheers
    mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Shiply are great for alloys, you list the dimensions and couriers bid on the consignment - I got a set of 18s from newcastle for 50€ but the price depends on the keenness and the route of the couriers bidding

Paisley freight have set prices for alloys from the UK to Ireland also and they can be quite inexpensive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Kevin! wrote: »
    Shiply are great for alloys, you list the dimensions and couriers bid on the consignment - I got a set of 18s from newcastle for 50€ but the price depends on the keenness and the route of the couriers bidding

Paisley freight have set prices for alloys from the UK to Ireland also and they can be quite inexpensive

Thanks
    I've just listed on shiply
    is it a safe enough service to use?
    Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

+1 on Paisley. Got a bicycle delivered by them a while back. They were very competitive.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    +1 on Paisley. Got a bicycle delivered by them a while back. They were very competitive.

Paisley are about 66.50 pounds which is a bit more than i was hoping for.. 50 euro would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I honestly couldn't find anything closer to paisley even when using Shiply. Worth trying Parcel2Go too.

http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

It is indeed, most couriers are rated so you can see a history and also most providers are insured
    Thanks
    I've just listed on shiply
    is it a safe enough service to use?
    Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I used Paisley before for wheels and tyres, pretty sure they were over the €100 mark, but good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I've sent sets of wheels to the UK (usually the 50kg mark) costing £25-£30 with DPD.

Worth an ask

After five quotes still at 101 pounds on shiply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Can't remember who I got during the Summer when I got my 16" wheels and tyres, seller organised it, but they cost roughly 90 euro delivered from the UK Midlands to the west of Ireland. Think a pallet was needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

dgt wrote: »
    I've sent sets of wheels to the UK (usually the 50kg mark) costing £25-£30 with DPD.

Worth an ask

DPD will charge you four times that to collect them in the UK. It's not the same as shipping to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

I've never used them, but are Parcel Motel any good?

DPD will charge you four times that to collect them in the UK. It's not the same as shipping to the UK.

yeah i phoned dpd and they were asking 145.. looks like paisley is the winner at the moment

woody33 wrote: »
    I've never used them, but are Parcel Motel any good?

hmm

using the parcel motel calculator

http://www.parcelmotel.com/MyParcelMotel/Member/PriceCalculator

says 21 euro to receive the parcel..

but paisley charge the same rate to deliver to northern ireland as they do to dublin.. so no saving there

Advertisement