Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade in values

Options
  • 04-01-2015 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

anyone in the trade give me a ball park figure for an 06 Corolla 220 k km or 04 Focus ST170 87000 Miles ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What type corolla is it, saloon or hatch, terra/luna/strata?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What type corolla is it, saloon or hatch, terra/luna/strata?

very basic 4 door....no aircon etc

I'd think they'd want it in at €2k - it wouldn't really be a retailable car in a dealers.

Sell it privately obviously.

yes, that's what I intend to do. Donedeal suggests 4 to 5 k, but I don't know how achievable that is.

Look at toyotafanbois high spec hatchback not selling. Its 2 years older but I reckon they're both worth around €3k privately

• Advertisement

my ST170 must be untradable I'd say...

Yes. Even to a Ford dealer.
    I'd say they would love to trade it in though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I'd say they're both worth 1500 quid in the trade. focus should be an easy sell privately.

I don'y think I'll bother even asking about a trade in. I'll be trying to nail them to the floor on a cash price.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Focus ST probably has a certain buyer who would be looking for that particular car and probably prefers to buy from it's current owner as opposed to a dealer who just took it as a trade-in. Cannot see much appeal from a dealer to be honest.

The Corolla suits a more variety of buyers and will always find a home, probably too old though for a large franchised dealer to resell on their forecourt but might appeal to a smaller dealer.

• Advertisement

Toyota very strong in my home town, so I'd see little trouble selling it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I'd have bitten someones right hand off for an st, but the high mileage I do, I couldn't :(

corktina wrote: »
    Toyota very strong in my home town, so I'd see little trouble selling it I think

Just park it outside mass

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sorry for highjacking but would you guys be able to give me a trade in estimate on an 07 Mazda 3. Its a 1.6 petrol with 112500 km alloys fogs etc but no aircon or cruise.

I'm gonna say €1500 net of any discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm gonna say €1500 net of any discounts.

That for me Colm ?

I'd have bitten someones right hand off for an st, but the high mileage I do, I couldn't :(

you need my ST200 Mondeo then...you really do...it's on adverts.ie and donedeal and is a really good car for small money (end of commercial)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

you need my ST200 Mondeo then...you really do...it's on adverts.ie and donedeal and is a really good car for small money (end of commercial)

Why are you trying to sell it without test. Would seem like madness.

probably is.... no money and other priorities

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

probably is.... no money and other priorities

Fair enough

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That for me Colm ?

Yeah.

Again, sell privately if possible.

mickdw wrote: »
    Fair enough

I'll NCT it if I still have it by Easter*...Transit taking all my dosh :-) and the Focus has NCT tomorrow

*and put the price up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I'm also going to hi-jack this thread... Sorry!

2004 VW Bora 100hp 1.9 TDI with 127,000 miles. Timing belt will be done in the next week or two and will be going for its NCT soon also (so assume for the purposes of this that it comes through ok).

Otherwise in good condition; bits of cosmetic damage (small dent on side door, few tiny scrapes on bumper).

Would have said based on looking at Carzone and DoneDeal that 2.5k - 3k would be a reasonable estimate, but then again I'm not in the business of buying or selling cars! Anyone in the know want to give me a rough valuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'll NCT it if I still have it by Easter*...Transit taking all my dosh :-) and the Focus has NCT tomorrow

*and put the price up..

Could you possibly get more money by Breaking the Focus ST?

Advertisement