Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT import query

Options
  • 04-01-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hello, somebody with experience in this situation might be able to give me some advise on the matter of obtaining a vrt quotation on a vehicle I hope to bring into the country from United Kingdom.
    The car engine size is not listed on the VRT calculator (ROS) and ideally would like a good idea what to expect when i register the vehicle. From what I can recall ringing the helpline is pretty fruitless.
    Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Perhaps post the details of the vehicle and maybe if someone here has experience of importing one, or similar, they may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

A3 Sportback 2L TDi quattro 184 bhp automatic - May 2014
    Doubt there have been too many of same imported into the country at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it your own car?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Is it your own car?

No hope to buy in next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

If it deosn't show up on the calculator, it's becasue noone hadsimported that spec yet. The only option is to bring the vehicle in and take it to the VRT who will get a figure from the Revenue/Customs. I don't think there's another option

• Advertisement
Advertisement