Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Street, Applewood, Swords

Options
  • 04-01-2015 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,

I was hoping to get peoples opinions on Applewood Swords as I am considering buying a house there.

Thanks in advance :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 islandrabbit

Hi Guys,

Any opinions on this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

you know what they say, if you don't have anything good to say................ :)

peteb2 wrote: »
    you know what they say, if you don't have anything good to say................ :)

Thanks for that. Any other different opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

My mate used to live there.

Its a nice little village within walking distance of swords main street and well serviced by the swords bus routes .... Swords express and 41c.

One side is made up of terraced housing and one is more apartment based centrally off the main st village.

I've never heard anything bad about the area (every area has the odd bad thing) but things id watch out for is the parking and the amenities around the area specific to where you are looking at. i did hear issues about parking as (like anywhere) its limited.
    The soundproofing in some of the apartments is poor, been to a house party or three there before.

You should be checking all this out in your assessment of the house but as a whole, applewood is far enough and close enough from swords itself.

The orchard pub is a real locals pub, kinda devoid of atmosphere , always found it the day drinkers in soccer jersey place.

Gym , good take away and cafe there too.

Good luck

BKWDR wrote: »
    My mate used to live there.

Its a nice little village within walking distance of swords main street and well serviced by the swords bus routes .... Swords express and 41c.

One side is made up of terraced housing and one is more apartment based centrally off the main st village.

I've never heard anything bad about the area (every area has the odd bad thing) but things id watch out for is the parking and the amenities around the area specific to where you are looking at. i did hear issues about parking as (like anywhere) its limited.
    The soundproofing in some of the apartments is poor, been to a house party or three there before.

You should be checking all this out in your assessment of the house but as a whole, applewood is far enough and close enough from swords itself.

The orchard pub is a real locals pub, kinda devoid of atmosphere , always found it the day drinkers in soccer jersey place.

Gym , good take away and cafe there too.

Good luck

cool. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

Lived there for 2 years - and agree with BKWDR..

The village is very good as far as these types of developments go. There's a gym/swimming pool, a couple of cafes, takeaways, pub, restaurant, pharmacy, bookies, barbers/hair salon and Eurospar to name a few.. Only problem is that it attracts a bit of traffic during rush hour.

Read recently that the proposed Swiftway is planned to pass by the village on the Glenellan Rd if its ever built..

mortimer33 wrote: »
    Lived there for 2 years - and agree with BKWDR..

The village is very good as far as these types of developments go. There's a gym/swimming pool, a couple of cafes, takeaways, pub, restaurant, pharmacy, bookies, barbers/hair salon and Eurospar to name a few.. Only problem is that it attracts a bit of traffic during rush hour.

Read recently that the proposed Swiftway is planned to pass by the village on the Glenellan Rd if its ever built..

Super cool. Thanks a lot...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Applewood is about 25 mins walk to Swords main st in my experience.

Good shops.
    There are several management companies involved in the development and I hear that some are better than others. Make sure to check company accounts if you get to that stage with a property.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Applewood is about 25 mins walk to Swords main st in my experience.

Good shops.
    There are several management companies involved in the development and I hear that some are better than others. Make sure to check company accounts if you get to that stage with a property.

Thanks...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I live about a mile from applewood so often go to the shops there.

And I occasionally eat in the chinese there.

The crowd in the pub can often be a bit rowdy, and there tend to be hordes of teenagers hanging around the shops in the evenings

That aside, I generally don't have any problems with applewood or going there.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    I live about a mile from applewood so often go to the shops there.

And I occasionally eat in the chinese there.

The crowd in the pub can often be a bit rowdy, and there tend to be hordes of teenagers hanging around the shops in the evenings

That aside, I generally don't have any problems with applewood or going there.

Thanks...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks...

Sorry didn't mean to sound negative

Advertisement