Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos guitar special offer

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

argos have an offer going on where a lot of there guitar stuff is reduced and some of it is buy 3 for price of 2. i need to get strings and another capo already so i was thinking about getting this ...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5402524/Trail/searchtext%3EGUITAR.htm

and i'm probably going to pick up 2 guitar stands or the acoustic guitar first aid kit. my question is is it worth it. I can't find any reviews and user reviews are unreliable. it's usually parents or grandparents buying it for children that aren't the sharpest in terms of quality.

I'm not a professional when it comes to sound i just don't want the strings and picks breaking in my hands because they're cheap. thanks in advance,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The picks look like celluloid so they will break. Personally, I hate those capos. Strap looks ok, lead is probably poor. Strings probably likewise.
    You can get a dozen quality picks for €5 online. Same for a handy sprung capo. Look on eBay for a seller who will combine shipping and you'll get better stuff for similar money.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

il gatto wrote: »
    The picks look like celluloid so they will break. Personally, I hate those capos. Strap looks ok, lead is probably poor. Strings probably likewise.
    You can get a dozen quality picks for €5 online. Same for a handy sprung capo. Look on eBay for a seller who will combine shipping and you'll get better stuff for similar money.

what do you make of the strings. they are the main point for me as i need new ones right now and ebay shipping would take longer than i'd prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Can't tell. Doesn't even mention gauge. Probably bad. Dead sounding and probably won't last. You can get strings in any music shop for €5 which would be better, you know what gauge you're getting (probably 10s) and will last longer if you don't break them.
    And a string winder is pointless. It takes no time to wind a string and you should have too much string around the post anyway. Oh, and pitch pipes are tricky and irritating to time off. Get a free phone app, tune it off YouTube or buy a clip on tuner for a tenner.

Advertisement