Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value Stoves, Co.Clare?

Options
  • 03-01-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever hear of these guys/buy from them?

Seems like the stoves are quite a reasonable price

This one is €190.00 plus €25.00 delivery - seems like a very good deal.

https://www.valuestoves.ie/product/ja013s/

Anyone any experience of them? Are these stoves rubbish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear of these guys/buy from them?

This one is €190.00 plus €25.00 delivery - seems like a very good deal.

https://www.valuestoves.ie/product/ja013s/

Anyone any experience of them? Are these stoves rubbish?

They are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh yeh? Why is that?

Oh yeh? Why is that?

Because it's a stove for 190.
    If it has the word value before it its scrap

Ok. has anyone experience of this company and of the stoves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Take dtps advice if its to good to be true it usually isnt

• Advertisement

Ok but i posted as id like to hear if other posters have experience of these stoves or have dealt with this company before

Ok but i posted as id like to hear if other posters have experience of these stoves or have dealt with this company before

Not that particular company no, but I've dealt with cheap stoves before. Usually taking them out because they fall apart after a year.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not that particular company no, but I've dealt with cheap stoves before. Usually taking them out because they fall apart after a year.

Ok well thanks for telling me about that, but I was enquiring Specifically about value stoves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

sales in stoves not so good now "everyone has one " ?

Reduction in air pollution from wood-burning stoves associated with significantly reduced risk of death

In 2001, Launceston (in Tasmania, Australia) was the setting for a series of interventions to reduce wood smoke pollution.

Wood stove prevalence fell from 66% to 30% of all households and average particulate air pollution during winter was reduced by 40% (44 µg/m³ – 27 µg/m³).

This is the first study to assess changes in mortality associated with a reduction in smoke from domestic wood heaters.

The researchers compared the population of Launceston with the population of Hobart (also in Tasmania), which did not have any air quality interventions.

The reductions in mortality (deaths per 1000 people at risk per year, adjusted for age) between 1994-2001 and 2001-2007 were not significant for males and females combined (2.7% for all-cause mortality; 4.9% for cardiovascular mortality; 8.5% respiratory mortality).

However, reductions were statistically significant for males alone: differences of 11.4% for all-cause mortality; 17.9% for cardiovascular and 22.8% for respiratory.

Results taken during the winter months (June – August) showed even higher reductions: cardiovascular 20%; respiratory 28%.

^^^^

WTF?

So have you dealings with valuestoves or not?

Jeez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Nigelfx

I'm also looking to buy a stove from here. I'm not interested in reviews of the actual stove (same Sheelin stove as many other places but hundreds cheaper) but has anybody bought from this company before and would they recommend them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

The Sheelin is a Terrible stove,one of the worst on the market.
    At best it's a 13-15kw.
    There's a good few of these in small claims court in the last year(The Sheelin,not necessarily from Value stoves to be clear).
    This is a shop ordering direct from China over the Internet to cut out middle man.
    No quality control,no interest in improvement,just cheap stoves and a profit.
    Cannot comment on this companies back up and service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I bought a insert boiler stove off this guy in Sixmilebridge Co.Clare. I found bought helpful and good to deal with. He has a small showroom next to his home and also sells some parts. He told me he goes to China himself to purchase the stoves. I have been using mine with a System-link setup and find it very efficient hardly use any oil. But only been using it for 6 months so time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Just looking to see if anyone has bought a stove from valuestoves and how it's working out.

Interested in stoves that have been in use for a few months. Thanks.

No complaints so far. I am using stove to heat the whole house and I am only using the oil for 30 minutes in the morning. The only problem is trying all the brands of coal but mostly use hard wood with a small bit of coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Never bought from value stoves but all stoves are made in Chinese factories even well known "irish" brands so don't let that put you off. Typically story they still charge a ransom for their stoves but they're not longer made in Ireland just made in China side by side and a different label welded to them.

Thats a fact. I think a few are made in the UK but mainly come from China. They are all just rebranded and made to sound Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

blowin3 wrote: »
    No complaints so far. I am using stove to heat the whole house and I am only using the oil for 30 minutes in the morning. The only problem is trying all the brands of coal but mostly use hard wood with a small bit of coal.

Thanks.
    I have a free standing stove in another room. I've tried a few different types of coal and find the cpl brand the best. Either phurnacite or ecoal. The ecoal lasts a long time very hand for overnight burns) but not as much of s flame.

Thanks cocoman I must try phurnacite never tried that . I usually just let the fire burn out and use oil in the morning and light again about 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Anyone any more of an update with this crowd? Any reviews appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I bought a double sided stove from value stoves last year and I'm very happy with it. I think I ordered it on a Saturday and had it delivered by Tuesday.
    No complaints from it. It does exactly what it should be doing and still looks brand and it has being lit every night for the past winter

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

Just saw this post and going to comment that I bought from these people and have no real problems with either the company or the stove. I am in my fifth year of having the same stove which I paid 250 for and 25 delivery. Last year I replaced the liners and grate. The door handle gave some trouble but was able to replace it from ebay.
    The stove has no cracks anywhere in the cast iron, and the door glass is original. I change the door rope often which is part of regular maintenance.
    The heat output is excellent and in a well insulated house you get good value for your coal investment.
    There is no reason not to buy a cheap Chinese made stove other than snobbery. Five years and still going strong and I expect to get another few years yet.
    I am a satisfied customer and would definitely not hesitate to use the company or their products again.

Advertisement