Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Boots?

Options
  • 03-01-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

I have a basic set of Turfmasters Boots (tendon and fetlock) that do the job perfectly for what I need. However I want a second set of boots for when they're in the wash, and also ideally a better pair that could be used for competing. I plan to event later in the year, so looking for a better set than the Turfmasters ones, as the velcro on them opens right up when out XC.

The Veredus boots are amazing, but are they really the best out there? Dalmar look great, but expensive. I was looking at Premier Equine boots, they look like good value for money and get great reviews.

Ideally I want something that can be used day to day when the Turfmasters (which will be what will be used at home the most) are in the wash but can transfer to a day out competing too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Premier equine do fab air cooled eventing boots.
    Www.premierequine.co.uk

Quick courier delievery for very little too.
    I've bought rugs, boots, numnaha, saddle pads, magnetic boots and much more from them and can not fault them one bit!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I read this yesterday and saw it was 'boots', but today I looked at it and thought it said 'recommend books... :o

I'm not great on recommending boots as it's been so long since I've used a pair - the last ones I bought I got in TRI were the Turfmaster ones for use in a heavy gallop/heavy ground and found them really good. Easy to wash/clean and nice and light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Anyone I know who has used the premier equine ones for XC hasnt a bad word to say about them so I'd suggest to try those.

I love the look of the tekna tendon and fetlock boots and have friends who love those but as they are open fronted i'd say they are more suited to flatwork and SJ than to XC

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Another vote for Premier Equine and you can probably get some good deals in the sale at the moment. When I evented in them I never has any issues with them slipping etc; I really rate most of their products;

For tendon boots alone I dont think you can beat Eskadron - yes they are more expensive but they last forever!!! We have pair on the yard used as everyday boots that are ancient and they wash really well too;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Thanks guys, looks like Premier Equine are the way to go! I was looking at different places online and it seems like buying directly from Premier Equine is much cheaper?! They have a sale on which brings the cost of the boots way down now: http://www.premierequine.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2496676.

Anyone fancy making a recommendation as to which boots are the best to go for? I am currently doing a mixture of everything, majority is hacking, dressage and showjumping, but the plan is to event later in the year. So I'd like a set of boots that could be used for a number of disciplines!

• Advertisement

The Kevlar Tendon Boots look great too - are they worth the investment or do people rate the Veredus boots over them?

www.premierequine.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=13519592

Your only problem might be if you want to get a "one boot for all" as such - my main reasoning wouLd be because I wouldn't use tendon boots for Eventing. That being said you could try a pair of their lightweight eventing boots - I cant see a problem with using them for SJ too maybe?

bob1984 wrote: »
    Your only problem might be if you want to get a "one boot for all" as such - my main reasoning wouLd be because I wouldn't use tendon boots for Eventing. That being said you could try a pair of their lightweight eventing boots - I cant see a problem with using them for SJ too maybe?

Well I'd still have tendon boots for SJ when out competing.. I suppose what I was looking for was an all purpose boot that I could use for hacking and XC, and then for schooling at home (both flatwork and jumping) when my tendon boots that I usually use are in the wash/drying. I'm building up my boot collection so I need to have multi use boots for now until I have enough sets for each discipline :)

Next on the list are flatwork wraps!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

bob1984 wrote: »
    Another vote for Premier Equine and you can probably get some good deals in the sale at the moment. When I evented in them I never has any issues with them slipping etc; I really rate most of their products;

For tendon boots alone I dont think you can beat Eskadron - yes they are more expensive but they last forever!!! We have pair on the yard used as everyday boots that are ancient and they wash really well too;

Another vote for PE boots. The only thing I would say about them is to contact them to check the boot length and width, and strap length if your horse doesn't fit "standard" boots (I have an awkward to fit 14.2 who is pony length but cob width behind).

As you already have tendon boots, I'd say go for their eventing boots.

ailbheg wrote: »
    Another vote for PE boots. The only thing I would say about them is to contact them to check the boot length and width, and strap length if your horse doesn't fit "standard" boots (I have an awkward to fit 14.2 who is pony length but cob width behind).

As you already have tendon boots, I'd say go for their eventing boots.

Thanks for that! Can you use them for hacking and flatwork? What ones would you recommend, the BL1s or original eventing boots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Can you use them for hacking and flatwork? What ones would you recommend, the BL1s or original eventing boots?

I actually have the brushing boots, but I'd say you could use the eventing boots for hacking and flatwork. I'd go for the air cooled boots, they'd probably be better for hacking as they'd be on for longer.

Finnegan2 wrote: »
    Freejump Liberty boots are fantastic imo. I bought them from equeto.com and havent looked back

Not sure how useful they would be to the horse though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

I use woof wear ones on our hunter for riding club ODE and SJ and they are perfect. So durable, cause he is a pig and tests everything!
    They look pretty good too, got mine from equine warehouse.
    Not sure if this applies to you but as the hunter I have is a mans hunter I needed to find pretty large tendon boots and WW were the only ones that really catered to his size without having to stretch them to the limit.

http://www.woofwear.com/
    http://www.theequinewarehouse.ie/hot-brands-woof-wear.irc

Advertisement