Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta Mirror Repair South Dublin

Options
  • 03-01-2015 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

Bought a 2009 Ford Fiesta a few weeks ago and today, while it was parked, the drivers side mirror was damaged when a woman driving by clipped it with her mirror and took most of mine off.

She came into where I work and left her details with me. At first I thought a main dealer would be easiest way to get it fixed but probably the most expensive. She seems nice enough and is paying for the mirror out of her own pocket so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable garage in South Dublin that would repair it for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭finalfurlong

You might be surprised at price of mirror especially if it is heated.Had sane happen to my mondeo and it was pricey enough to repair in main dealers.Heard Rathfarnham Ford which reopened last year are reasonable cost wise.Used them for service in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it just the mirror glass that is damaged or the entire mirror and housing?

If it's just the glass then the likes of Halfords will sell you one that just sticks over the existing glass.

If it's the entire housing then a scrap yard is probably your best bet but you may have to see if you can get one to match the colour of your car.

Advertisement