Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Ocean City 2015

Options
  • 03-01-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been to Ocean City before and has recommendations for accommodation?

Also if anyone is interested in sharing accommodation please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clearbrook

I'm an American and don't have specific info for you, but you should know about the Irish Outreach Center in Ocean City. It's staffed by volunteers who are there to help you out.

Keep an eye on their facebook page: Irish Outreach Ocean City, Maryland
    There's not much there now but they'll post more soon.

I can't post links yet but if you google "ocean city today irish outreach" there will be articles about them from the local OC paper that will tell you more.

Also, please remember to wear sunblock lotion. The sun is really strong in OC and a bad sunburn can make you really sick for a couple of days (aside from the risk of skin cancer later on.)

Best of luck to you!

The town of Ocean City, Md has put up a website at OCworkforce dot com
    Click on the housing link and you will find a list of places that may be helpful. Be aware that while downtown Ocean City is very walkable, especially below 27th street where the boardwalk ends, West Ocean City is quite a distance on the other side of the bay, and is not your best first choice.

Also at the site is a handbook you can download as a pdf that outlines a lot of information to help you, especially about your rights in housing & employment and where to get help if you need it. Do be aware that the address for the Irish Outreach Center changes every year so the 66th street address will be incorrect. They are looking for a new space downtown this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sheepy69

Hi, myself and my friend (both girls) are heading to ocean city this summer on a j1. We're looking for accommodation recommendations and possibly room mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OC_J1

sheepy69 wrote: »
    Hi, myself and my friend (both girls) are heading to ocean city this summer on a j1. We're looking for accommodation recommendations and possibly room mates.

Pm me your Facebook page and I'll add you if ya want to discuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hannahkeane94

Hey, 2 girl friends and I are heading to Ocean City for J1 aswell :)
    Mail me on facebook (hannahkeane94) about sharing accomodation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sheepy69

Hey, 2 girl friends and I are heading to Ocean City for J1 aswell :)
    Mail me on facebook (hannahkeane94) about sharing accomodation :)

Hey can you pm me a link there's a few Hannah keanes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hallobec

Hi me and three other girls are heading over in June and were up for sharing accommodation.

Hey I'm heading over to Ocean City in June with three other girls and we were looking for people to share accomodation with. Also those anyone know where employers would take us on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adam3187

Hi there,

Heading to Ocean city myself for the summer an looking to share accommodation. If your still looking for people to share with send me a PM and we'll sort something :)

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 geged93

Hi, a friend of mine and I (both guys) will be heading to Ocean City on a J1 this summer and are looking for any info on accommodation...and possibly house sharing

• Advertisement

heya I think we're getting a house that sleeps 8 but theres 7 of us but we could always sneak someone in??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 geged93

Actually that's be great if ye can manage it...have you already found a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gary994

Hallobec wrote: »
    Hey I'm heading over to Ocean City in June with three other girls and we were looking for people to share accomodation with. Also those anyone know where employers would take us on

Hey! I'm looking for people to share accommodation with. I was meant to be going with two of my friends both they pulled out so I'm just going to go ahead myself anyway. Get back to me if your interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gary994

Hey! I'm looking for people to share accommodation with. I was meant to be going with two of my friends both they pulled out so I'm just going to go ahead myself anyway. Get back to me if your interested. Thanks

Gary994 wrote: »

Heya. I'm heading over wit 6 others but the house I think we're gonna go for is for 8 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishexile

Sorry just a quick one here, I just moved to Ocean City NJ if its this ocean city your talking about feel free to drop me a mail and I can help in anyway I can with accomodation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rw13g14

Hiya, I might be heading out if anyone still needs someone to share with :) Probably mid June?

Google "Irish Outreach Ocean City, Maryland" and you'll find a facebook page with good info on housing and jobs.
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bkerr93

Hi! My friend and I, both guys, are heading to ocean city for J1 at the end of June and are looking to possibly house share to save some money

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

What have people done in terms of phones? Has anyone used the usit one or just signed up to a contract over there?

• Advertisement

Check the facebook page I mentioned above, scroll down a bit, there's a post about phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

Can anyone recommend any apartments ye stayed in last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

Can anyone recommend accommodation ye stayed in last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** two similar threads merged. I will lock this thread now, please refer to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057556620# for the 2016 version ******

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement