Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb 1.9 Diesel 2006

Options
  • 03-01-2015 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello guys,

I would like to ask for advice about my car, I just would like to have an information about stuff so I would like to do service for my car by myself but it is my first time so 1- I would like to know how often should I do service for my car by Miles or Km ? 2- What exactly does the service include for my car type ? What should I change to keep car in good condition ? 3- I have read that I just need small set of tools and Trolley Jack and Axle Stands, is that right ?
    4- I saw video about changing the oil from underneath you have to take off the screw and oil will bleed then clean and replace the screw from the sump to new one, How should I know this type of screw I mean if it is general or I have to go to car shop because video say the hardest thing is changing oil and the rest is easy. 5- The parts I need to get to replace I mean such as Oil filter, is there a specific type for all parts or I just ask the guys in shop to give me what fits with my car type ? 6- My wipers has stopped suddenly after I turned off engine for 5 mins then I back to drive off when I started car they stopped working so I went to fuse board actually didn't do much I tried to swap fuses I am not sure If I was right anyway it didn't work so what else could be a problem and if I can do it myself or no ? Last thing is how to check if my brake pads are pad or good because the car shows me that they need to be replaced but I brake in time and they are totally fine in driving so how can I look manually if they are good or no ?. Sorry for many question. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

I'd suggest the first thing to do is get a Haynes manual for your car, and check Youtube for relevant videos. An evening course in motor maintenance would be really useful. It's probably best not to launch into brake and engine work until you are sure of what you are doing. Good on you for enthusiasm though, your local motor factor will tell you what parts etc you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 M7edShin

woody33 wrote: »
    I'd suggest the first thing to do is get a Haynes manual for your car, and check Youtube for relevant videos. An evening course in motor maintenance would be really useful. It's probably best not to launch into brake and engine work until you are sure of what you are doing. Good on you for enthusiasm though, your local motor factor will tell you what parts etc you need.

Thank you very much. I will try with the manual book. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Grand, Halford's do lots of Haynes manuals, they are also available online. If you have the owner's manual for your car it will tell you the correct oil and oil change intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 M7edShin

woody33 wrote: »
    Grand, Halford's do lots of Haynes manuals, they are also available online. If you have the owner's manual for your car it will tell you the correct oil and oil change intervals.

Well to be honest with you, I tried read some but I am a bit worry and like u said no mess with the engine but I thought instead of paying 160 for service and I am not sure if the person does well or just take the money and change few things so I said I can try myself buy tools almost for 90 euros and do it but I am confused now. Anyway I will see about that.

Advertisement