Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pipo X7 Quadcore Windows Mini PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm going to order this, under 75€ delivered from Gearbest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Did anyone buy the Pipo X7 in the end?
    There was a thread over in Bargain Alerts- but it was deleted for some reason.
    Essentially- I got one- and its overheating- and was wondering if anyone has modded better cooling into it?
    Its running fine for about a half hour- before it gradually grinds to a halt.
    Its particularly bad if its playing video- the fact that it insists on using the native resolution of the panel you're using (1080p) probably doesn't help matters.

So- essentially- its overheating- and I'm wondering has anyone modded better cooling into the chasis- and if so- what you went with.

Ps- I already had to replace the PSU- the 0.4 amp 12 volt adaptor that came with it- wouldn't even power it up. A 12v/5 amp one I nicked off a Samsung external hard-drive was perfect though.

If anyone has any tips- I'd gratefully appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Did anyone buy the Pipo X7 in the end?
    There was a thread over in Bargain Alerts- but it was deleted for some reason.
    Essentially- I got one- and its overheating- and was wondering if anyone has modded better cooling into it?
    Its running fine for about a half hour- before it gradually grinds to a halt.
    Its particularly bad if its playing video- the fact that it insists on using the native resolution of the panel you're using (1080p) probably doesn't help matters.

So- essentially- its overheating- and I'm wondering has anyone modded better cooling into the chasis- and if so- what you went with.

Ps- I already had to replace the PSU- the 0.4 amp 12 volt adaptor that came with it- wouldn't even power it up. A 12v/5 amp one I nicked off a Samsung external hard-drive was perfect though.

If anyone has any tips- I'd gratefully appreciate them.

You might find a few mods or ideas at freaktab. There are quite a few threads about people modding this or that and putting oversized heatsink on etc.

At the same time it might not be worth it a the quality seems to be poor and might just get worse.

Advertisement