Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Tyco-Visonics Power G system from Securigard

Options
  • 03-01-2015 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

hi,
    I'm considering to get the following alarm system to replace my PW Simon (left by previous house owners):

http://www.securigard.ie/wire-free-house-alarm/

Any obvious flaws with this system?

Despite being wireless, it has the following feature which seems robust enough?

The system changes frequency 62 times per second effectively overcoming intentional jamming by an intruder. Communication is further protected by the AES-128 encryption algorithm to protect against “code grabbing”

In their "products" page, they also have contact and PIR sensors etc.

I think a "do vs don't" list would be very useful on this forum to explain which technologies can be easily jammed/tampered and should be avoided altogether...

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally I would prefer the perimeter fully protected & then backed up by 2 or more PiRs . The idea of internal PiR protection without the windows 7 doors protected means you alarm is only going to activate after the intruder has already gained entry. A good security system should be preventing them getting in at all.
    If going for a wireless system I would recommend Risco or GSD over this panel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

KoolKid wrote: »
    Generally I would prefer the perimeter fully protected & then backed up by 2 or more PiRs . The idea of internal PiR protection without the windows 7 doors protected means you alarm is only going to activate after the intruder has already gained entry. A good security system should be preventing them getting in at all.
    If going for a wireless system I would recommend Risco or GSD over this panel now.

thanks, which solution would you recommend for my current situation please?

3 bed mid-terrace
    glass door draught lobby
    glass door at entrance
    1 large window to living room on the ground floor
    currently have a PW Simon system with probably two PIR sensors near the entrance

is it more convenient (safer and/or cheaper) to replace the alarm with a wired one, or to scrap the wired system altogether and go wireless?

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would really depend on the quality of the wiring you have in place.
    On either system I would recommend inertia shock sensors and contacts on all ground floor and accessible points of entry. Internally a minimum of two PiRs.
    Also bear in mind you can have any combination of wired and wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

KoolKid wrote: »
    It would really depend on the quality of the wiring you have in place.
    On either system I would recommend inertia shock sensors and contacts on all ground floor and accessible points of entry. Internally a minimum of two PiRs.
    Also bear in mind you can have any combination of wired and wireless.

thanks, and I read elsewhere you are a certified installer... if/when you are available, I would ask you to visit and give me a quote for a solution of your recommendation please.

in my neighbourhood there have been two robberies recently and I would like to have a bit of peace of mind...

I can pm you my details in case, thanks

I will PM you my details if you want to give me a shout on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement