Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAVING CERT FRENCH

Options
  • 03-01-2015 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm hoping to get a b3 in higher French... Possibly even a b1 but my problem is the aural. Any tips? I listen to French stations and watch on TV but I just seem to be bad at this section. Would really appreciate any predictions for 2015 and tips for doing well in this exam :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Check the sticky at the top for some good resources for French. Try using http://www.ivona.com/ to read things out -- often the problem stems from a misconception of how a word is actually pronounced (as a quick example, in the word violent in French you do not pronounce the T, so when you hear it you might not recognize it even if you know that it's "the same"). In the same vein, I'd also advise reading what you're listening to at the same time as you're hearing it (to better associate the sounds with the written text) until you're quite comfortable, and then do it gradually less.

(Additionally, please don't open too many threads at once, it clutters the forum. Use the search function, there are tons of threads like this for almost every subject, and you'll probably find the same advice there. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orangey24

Thanks so much for the advice must try that out :D

oh sorry I didn't realise, I'll know for next time, Thanks :)

Advertisement