Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalking groups/clubs in south west Donegal

Options
  • 02-01-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi, just recently moved back to the Ardara area, used to do quite a bit of hillwalking and am keen to get back into it again. So I was wondering if there are any hillwalking groups/clubs in the Ardara/Glenties/Killybegs area? Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SimoBurn

There is bound to be a club somewhere near you. You could also check out Mountain Views.ie for info in your area and you could put a post up on their forum about local clubs and walkers etc. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

shuffle65 wrote: »
    Hi, just recently moved back to the Ardara area, used to do quite a bit of hillwalking and am keen to get back into it again. So I was wondering if there are any hillwalking groups/clubs in the Ardara/Glenties/Killybegs area? Ta!

Hopefully you have found the Bluestack Ramblers and the Sliabh Liag hill walkers clubs by now. Both have open hikes as far as I know. Some of the best hikes in the country between Ardara and Glen. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

annapr wrote: »
    Hopefully you have found the Bluestack Ramblers and the Sliabh Liag hill walkers clubs by now. Both have open hikes as far as I know. Some of the best hikes in the country between Ardara and Glen. Enjoy!

Thanks, I have heard of them but haven't contacted them yet, I'm waiting until the weather picks up. I've just invested in a new pair of hiking boots so I will get out there :)

Advertisement