Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 3rd January

Options
  • 02-01-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

2 for me tomorrow (still trying to get over utmost zeal falling at the last the other day...)

12.40 Sandown Aurore D'estruval to win @ 5/4, ill hardly be given any prizes for this selection, she's a classy mare who jumps well, i see her being able to give the weight away and win, she should go through the ground and the trip shouldn't be a problem, Quinn nominated this race a while ago for her too. 3points win

12.35 Cork Pulled Muscle, i was very impressed when this lad won his maiden at the track, he was beaten a long way in his last race but ill forgive him that as he was beaten by top notch novices. I'd be way of velocity boy and Russells horse aswell, but ill take my chances here with Pulled Muscle, trainer has a good record at the track too. Dont like the Mullins horse may even brave laying it.

There my 2 for the day, could be a a good or bad Saturday pretty quickly, ill know by 12.50 Irish time anyway! Best of luck to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I like dark spirit in the 12.40 e/w even tho it is only 2 places I would expect a serious run.

Fletcher flyer in the first at wincanton should also run a big race

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jack Of Diamonds just squeaks into a class 4 handicap at Lingfield today, course and distance should suit, horse, trainer and jock are in some cracking form. Really not a whole pile to beat here, but some very tasty odds of 5/1. Hope this just has too much class and experience for the favourite Leonard Thomas.

Squouateur is apparently one that the McManus team have been very quiet about. Entered today in a weak maiden in the 1:10 at Cork, this one must be very well fancied to be entered in a four year old race so soon in the year. First run out but breeding and progeny form suggests that there's a decent horse here, with potential for something to be very good. Missed the 11/4, but 5/2 still widely available.

Oh, and I know it's the horse racing forum, but I think Sheffield United in the football is a cracking bet. Harry will not give a stuff about the FA Cup while QPR's survival is in doubt. Could easily see him fielding a weakened team, 4/1 a big price on the Blades.

Sorry, another favourite, but nothing I can do about it. Castilo Del Diablo is my NAP of the day, watched this one last time out and reckon it was just a prep race for today. The race it's entered in today (Lingfield 2:00) is one that it won last year. Was asleep at the wheel yesterday and missed the 4/1 that was very briefly available on Bet365. 15/8 best price now, reckon this will be a steamer and may go as low as 11/10 or something. As long as this breaks well and gets a run, reckon it wins.

Sorry, another favourite, but nothing I can do about it. Castilo Del Diablo is my NAP of the day, watched this one last time out and reckon it was just a prep race for today. The race it's entered in today (Lingfield 2:00) is one that it won last year. Was asleep at the wheel yesterday and missed the 4/1 that was very briefly available on Bet365. 15/8 best price now, reckon this will be a steamer and may go as low as 11/10 or something. As long as this breaks well and gets a run, reckon it wins.
    I can't do all of the work for you people, but David Simcock was on ATR and said the horse is in good order, 1lb lower and that he feels this is a slightly weaker race than what he won last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

No Deal looks a play at 1230 in New, 9/1, first time over fences but likes course and ground and connections doing well

Have I missed something with Velocity Boy in Cork 12:35? He won a wide margin at Limerick and has been turned out 7 days later on the same ground, currently 9/2.

Shemale wrote: »
    Have I missed something with Velocity Boy in Cork 12:35? He won a wide margin at Limerick and has been turned out 7 days later on the same ground, currently 9/2.

Apart from it being a ****ing rancid race. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Saw the money going on last night. Viewpoint and personal opinion are no slouches , at 15/8 happy to let him go. Good look with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »
    Saw the money going on last night. Viewpoint and personal opinion are no slouches , at 15/8 happy to let him go. Good look with it

Viewpoint for me too, thrilled with the 10s. They've got him back down to a reasonable mark and his last win off 92 vs Grendisar over C & D looks very good and suggests he could/should be good enough to win off 93.
    Travelled very smoothly lto but ran out of gas, hopefully will strip fitter for today- this race today(nice pot) has no doubt been the winter plan.
    Dropped two pound for that effort and finished 2.5 lengths off todays fav so 10s vs 15/8 looks good value to me.

• Advertisement

Sam Lord is very ineresting at 25/1 in the 1.05 at Newcastle, loves the track and seems to do better at this distance, handles the ground and was once 30lbs higher than his current mark

Leish Oscar tip direct from trainer in the 2:20. Have a lad here with 1

Cheers Francie.

Does anyone know where the correct going can be got for courses, some of the English courses are stated as soft when they are clearly heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Missie Ella in the same race. If she wins now I'll go mad!

Sorry lads, trainer obviously full of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

No worries Francie - thanks for sharing!!

Sorry lads, trainer obviously full of sh1t.

Thanks for letting us know, it's nice to back a loser and it's not all my fault :o

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Oh, and I know it's the horse racing forum, but I think Sheffield United in the football is a cracking bet. Harry will not give a stuff about the FA Cup while QPR's survival is in doubt. Could easily see him fielding a weakened team, 4/1 a big price on the Blades.

Nice shout - Sheffield Utd 1-0 up approaching H/T. Good luck

modmuffin wrote: »
    Nice shout - Sheffield Utd 1-0 up approaching H/T. Good luck
    3-0, saved the weekend :pac:

Advertisement