Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping centre gift vouchers

Options
  • 02-01-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I was in the Ilac centre earlier and tried to pay for items with a One 4 All card. The shop assistant responded saying that their store no longer accepted the vouchers. I reached into my wallet for my visa card but mistakenly gave her a Dundrum gift card. Before I had realised which card I had given her, she had processed the transaction and given me a receipt.

The Dundrum gift card has a card number, an expiry date and a mastercard logo - so I assume it is just a prepaid debit card. Does this mean I can use it anywhere that accepts mastercards? - If so, how come it does not require a pin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its an pre-chip and pin credit card. Most places won't accept them due to the massive Dundrum logo on them but the exact same cards from the same issuer are sold with all sorts of logos on them.

My previous employer used to give us all one with their logo on them at Christmas - initially as part of the Christmas bonus then the entire bonus as they played poor mouth (and still made huge profits... bitter? me? :pac:) . Some stores will not take them at all under any circumstances due to no PIN - I had this in Argos and its associated companies, Homebase and back then, HomeStore&More. Tesco took them with ID, Currys took them without hassle. Things may have changed since.

They can be used online with some faffing; when I was left with an awkward amount on the last one I bought Amazon credit with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

any place that accepts mastercards will be able to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

L1011 wrote: »
    They can be used online with some faffing; when I was left with an awkward amount on the last one I bought Amazon credit with it.

How can you buy Amazon credit? I've a few left over would odds and ends on them.

Advertisement