Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Putting an E60 on Jack Stands

Options
  • 02-01-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

Guys, does anyone have a link to a step by step guide to putting an E60 on axle stands?

I know I came across one before.

Anyone assist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

What's the difference between an e60 and any other vehicle? Genuinely curious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Where the additional jacking points are, where is best to lift the car, is it safe to lift it at the differential... etc... and anything I am missing... I'd just feel more comfortable seeing it in action. I know I seen a tutorial somewhere.

I post in Motors because as like anything in life, it's only easy when you know how, so sorry if I sound stupid to you, but that is what I read the forum for, to learn a bit. I have never put a car up on axle stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

e39. has a jacking point at front in middle about 2 foot in from bumper. trolley jack lifts from centre jack point and axle stands on sills jacking point either side of car just behind front wheels. rear is lift from centre of rear axle diff use a bit of wood or carpet to spread load as diff is alloy and don't want to risk cracking it with trolley jack sharp edges axle stands at rear sills these are just in front of rear wheels

if you look under the car you will see the 4 sills jacking points. when you have spotted them its easy to spot centre front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

The most important thing to know about putting a car on axle stands is to never use axle stands alone, 2 points of support at every corner. Nothing worse than seeing someone under a car supported by axle stands alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

If you are looking for photos / videos then Google is your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

That's a pretty good site, have used some of their guides for MINI stuff before.

Advertisement