Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N.C.T. Question on rear lights.

Options
  • 02-01-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi..I bought a pair of custom rear lights from the states.
    They are "spyder" brand. As in my mid 40's ..I shouldve known better than to impulse buy.
    Anyway ..my worry is that the brake light has a clear lens and a red bulb.It looks completely red when brake pedal is pressed but will it pass NCT with clear lens?
    Indicators are similar but with amber bulb.
    Any info much appeciated.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need to have reflectors on the back. These lights often don't have them.
    Indicator needs to be amber as well.

You could always stick the originals in jus in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I'd leave them on, seeing as they light up Red (and Amber).
    Only a visual Retest anyway so no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

Thanks for the info..I was looking at these in a couple of online stores ..they were just over $200...plus $50.00 for pnp.
    The ones I got were secondhand.. on ebay us..So they worked out @100 euro to the door and there perfect..so I cant complain..
    But again big thanks for helpful info.

Stick up a link for the laugh

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Stick up a link for the laugh

Ill put up link when i can get at my desktop pc..room full of xmas decor boxs.
    Havent a clue how to do it on phone:)

• Advertisement

Copy and paste the address bar

http://www.andysautosport.com/euro_tail_lights/hyundai_tiburon/2003.html.

Wasnt able to get ebay as listing had ended..they are the black ones 2nd frm top. Im an aged boy racer lol.

They're not bad looking to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

So you bought aftermarket 'lexus lights' to replace the original lexus lights as factory fitted to your toyota.

They're for a Hyundai coupe though aren't they?

• Advertisement

Hyundai coupe ..How i ended up with one is a long story...but to be fair its the favourite car i owned..iv owned 12 so far through the years ..I always had big bikes to customise ..bad back ended bikes . My last car was a new mk7 fiesta in 2010.
    Again ..Thanks for the info and to the person who was tryin to be smart..it might be a good idea to read post before u try diss someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Had a Golf before with white rear reds !. but had a red cap over the white bulb, so when illumiated it appeared red.

Passed NCT every time without fail

very similar to this

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJYR0bFZJQN-LKUIxNow-N3pT6k3zIMHny4gEVhmQSQNPhuSCI1Q

katana1 wrote: »
    Hyundai coupe ..How i ended up with one is a long story...but to be fair its the favourite car i owned..iv owned 12 so far through the years ..I always had big bikes to customise ..bad back ended bikes . My last car was a new mk7 fiesta in 2010.
    Again ..Thanks for the info and to the person who was tryin to be smart..it might be a good idea to read post before u try diss someone.

Ok ok, I didn't read it properly and I got burned. I thought they were for an altezza.
    Still it's even more of a joke that they are going on a hyundai coupe.

Ah Mick, will you stop diggin', you're only getting deeper !!!:)

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Ah Mick, will you stop diggin', you're only getting deeper !!!:)

I would but turning up for an nct in your mid 40s with that stuff attached to your car should be an automatic fail.

Well more late 40's..lol ..Thing is..its my auto.i dont owe anything on it.since i got it (with 25kmiles) as it was stored .previous male owner lived in uk for years.
    Upgaded alloys .
    Custom front
    Carbon eyelids.
    Alloy pedals.
    New.Hand stitched leather steering wheel.
    Italian leather gator..handbrake cover..armrest.
    Changed inside bits ..vent surrounds..and much more with chrome pack.

Bluetooth sound system..
    No fluffy dice ...yet.

The more this annoys people ..the happier i am.
    I also have a full race sim with bucket seat that i made for my desktop pc and a G27 wheel.

I wear heavy metal t-shirts and jeans.
    I know people say FFS look at him..but strangely nobody ever said this to my face..
    Thanks again for info and for the slagging..what am i thinking at my age.

On a serious note..what coupes of any make are left for reasonable money and without crippling tax? BMW..E46 engine..good but 710 to enda kenny.
    Celica ?? Audi tt?
    I want only coupes as my wife has an age appropriate motor..
    Man ..I love the internet.
    To the very kind mod' ..would you prefer me to start a new thread on the coupe question..I am very interested on feedback on this .
    Happy new year to all :):)

You're not in Limerick by any chance ?????;)

.....not stalking you, it just sounds like one I spotted around here recently.

No ..South cork..i live a few miles outside midleton..I spent lots of weekends in limerick when i had the bike.All good times..great place.

Ah no bother.
    Just that there is a Red Coupe here in Limerick with the Bonnet and Roof wrapped in black.....

Thanks to all for posting.
    Ill put them on with wingnut and spring washer to make an easy swop over.
    Thanks for the helpful and whitty comments..growing old is a bit*h.

Happy and safe new year to you all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement