Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beginner - Moped/Car

Options
  • 02-01-2015 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I want to learn to drive this year and drive a moped (Vespa) and a car. Does this mean getting a A/B licence and therefore two sets of learning to drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I want to learn to drive this year and drive a moped (Vespa) and a car. Does this mean getting a A/B licence and therefore two sets of learning to drive?

Yes it does mean two theory tests and two applications for licences. Have a look at the categories from the NDLS right here.

For Example: I've a full driving licence for car (B).
    I'm applying for a motorbike/moped licence this year after I done a separate theory-test for the bike; I'll have 2licences (1*full and 1*prov) until I pass test for the bike and add a category to my full driving licence for the bike.

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement