Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailboxde.com

Options
  • 02-01-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

For those of you who do not know, Mailboxde receives shipments on your behalf in Germany and then sends them on to you, like Parcel Motel.

On the 16th of December they received a package from London. I paid to have it delivered to Ireland on the 17th with Deutsche Post Weltpaket - Priority (with insurance up to 500Eur). Before it was sent I contacted their support staff to tell them that my city (Cork City) wasn't appearing on my billing address. My shipment address looked fine. They replied back informing me it had been updated. On the 21st of December my package arrived in Portlaoise at the sorting office.

That's where the problems began. It stayed there for quite a while and I assumed it was down to the Christmas period. There was an update on the An Post tracking sayiing it had left Portlaoise on the 28th. When I didn't receive it a couple of days back I rang them up and they said it was sent back to Germany because of incomplete address information. I got on to DHL and all the can tell me is that it's with Deutsche Post and it could take up to 2 weeks to be returned. I was mailing Mailboxde all through this and I told them about the incomplete address info. They responded back saying they put the address down and mailed me the address they had used. There was no city on the address. When I emailed the conversation we had prior to postage about updating the address they stopped replying to my emails. I messaged the owner (who you are supposed to contact if your problem can't be resolved through support) today and I am awaiting a reply.

Not really sure where I go now. I thought I'd have some peace of mind with this insurance but I don't know now. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I posted this in the wrong section. Should be in the Online part I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

OP has opened a new thread in Online Buying & Auctions. This thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement