Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please!!LCVP Diary

Options
  • 02-01-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm doing LCVP now in 5th yr.
    I just did my work experience and I need to write up my diary for the work experience.
    I have no clue what to write, my teacher gave me some guide lines but I still dont know what to write, Im hoping to do It perfect :)
    Can anybody one help me out please

Back ground info- did my work experience in a pharmacy.
    -I did my career investigation on Food Scientist.
    My teacher said that she would like us to link our career into the work experience and this is my problem : how can I link food scientist into pharmacy workplace?

There's a question that asks: why you select this work experience? -how should I answer?
    Q2.'Job description'- all I did in the pharmacy was just simple task and I dont think I'll get good marks for writing like shredding paper down. What should I write into job description to make things look more interesting?

Q3.' What you learn today'
    Q4. ' 0bservations and problems encounter'

I'm sorry if I mispelt any word cuz I have learning disability and I find everything difficult.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Food Science and Pharmacy
    Did you notice the pharmacy stocked/people bought antacids, or weight reduction potions, or Andrews liver salts or any of those food/diet related products?
    Did that tell you anything about Irish people's eating habits etc.? Do you think there are nutritional implications?
    Did the pharmacy stock/people buy nutritional supplements? Do you think with a good diet of well-produced food they would need those supplements?

Job description
    I doubt you sat shredding paper for the whole week.
    Recycling, tidying the display areas, interaction with customers, interaction with staff, assisted with product display, blah blah - a bit of imagination will make things sound better than they actually were, without lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Helenm98

spurious wrote: »
    Food Science and Pharmacy
    Did you notice the pharmacy stocked/people bought antacids, or weight reduction potions, or Andrews liver salts or any of those food/diet related products?
    Did that tell you anything about Irish people's eating habits etc.? Do you think there are nutritional implications?
    Did the pharmacy stock/people buy nutritional supplements? Do you think with a good diet of well-produced food they would need those supplements?

Job description
    I doubt you sat shredding paper for the whole week.
    Recycling, tidying the display areas, interaction with customers, interaction with staff, assisted with product display, blah blah - a bit of imagination will make things sound better than they actually were, without lying.

Thank you and sadly I really did just shredding paper for my whole work experience. I stayed in a room for the whole time. So that's why I think I might have to lie about some parts cuz I know nothing basically :(
    Do you have any ideas of what I can write down ? Please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well, you could be honest and say that really your work experience wasn't a lot of use to you. Assessments don't always have to be positive. I would discuss it with your teacher.

Advertisement