Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Regional geography 2015

Options
  • 02-01-2015 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

This is my first post I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place or anything. I'm so confused, for Regional Geography why do we have to learn both the Mezzogiorno and the Paris Basin for the European Region? Can we not just learn one or the other?
    Thanks, my teacher just never explained things I'm so stressed haha.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The syllabus says you do.
    Having studied the concept of a region, students and their teachers will study five regions. Students will choose two contrasting Irish regions for study. This will be followed by a study of two contrasting European regions. These regions must be chosen from either Scandinavia, Western/Central Europe including the United Kingdom or the Mediterranean. Students must then study one continental or sub-continental region of their own choice. Students will also examine the complexity of regions.

Since the syllabus says two, the SEC are within their rights to ask a question that requires you to have studied two e.g. a compare and contrast question. If you've only done one, you'll be a bit jiggered for that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ray971

Thanks a lot that really cleared it up! So what do you think, learn one region in great detail and then another in not as much detail? Just incase I need to contrast?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would do both in detail and then a third in not so much, but enough that if a terrible question came up, I could use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zagaluke

I only learned one for the exam last year, and they ended up asking a question to compare two regions! So definitely do learn two, thankfully I knew Paris in detail and was able to remember a couple facts about the Mezzogiorno so it didn't turn out too bad. I would recommend learning one in detail and just being familiar enough with the other to be able to compare it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ray971

Thanks everyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Hi all ! (I didn't want to make a new thread ! )
    Mocks in a month and I don't know where to start.
    I was wondering if anyone has a list of essays they are revising for the mocks that will basically cover every section ?
    thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

my class are learning belgium aswell as them 2 :)

Advertisement