Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Private Car Insurance Coming off Company insurance

Options
  • 01-01-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi

Someone may be able to point me in the right direction here, or help me out

Full License Mar 2010
    Driving over 7 years
    Company insurance last 5 years, no claims.
    Zero points
    Car: 1.8L Mazda or 1.33 Corolla
    Named driver on spouse insurance = 2 years (3 in March), no claims

I am been insured on a company vehicle for the last 5 years and now am getting a private car, what im finding is all the quotes are coming in at €1250 or more.
    No nonsense came to 550 but rule me out as im over 30 and have only 2 years named driving experience.
    What seems to be screwing me is the fact i have been on company insurance for the last 5 years - im treated almost like a learner driver in my early twenties, in fact my insurance was lower i believe when i was a learner.

Any one know of an insurance company worth trying or any pointers?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd forget about on-line quotes, they are not designed for anything outside of straight forward low risk appealing pricing. Stray off that and they go mental. Start contacting a few insurance brokers to do some leg work on your behalf.

Can you get a letter from your company's insurance company that proves you have been claim free for the last five years, will not be as good as having a private policy in your own name but will still have some currency with insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

25plus.ie did me a great deal when I switched from a company policy to a private one. Your current company insurer may do you a deal too and allow the company policy to be used a some NCB etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

A lot depends on whether you were named on the company policy or if it was open drive

Advertisement